evinrude 10hp worktwin

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: evinrude 10hp worktwin

Is there a model number on a plate on the transom mount, or stamped on the round welch plug on the powerhead?

ken c.

Cadet

still looking for info. do these #s seem correct ?

the machinist

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to iboats forums

Those numbers do not look right. If it was a post 79ish the E would mean Evinrude, 10 would be the HP, R would equate to Rope start, But the SW does not come up because there is no W in the date code as shown below

I N T R O D U C E S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

ken c.

Cadet

The numbers can easily be read on the plate of the transon mount and the welch plug. Is there a parts manual ?

ken c.

Cadet

Hey, both are right. Its a commercial 1982 the model #10rsw was on the commercial chart. Still haven't found any info.or pics. Does evinrude make a commercial parts manual ?

mark1961

Ensign

The numbers can easily be read on the plate of the transon mount and the welch plug. Is there a parts manual ?

The shop manuals for commercials are usually hard to come by.....you could try entering your model number at outboardbooks.com and see if it comes back with anything......otherwise try ebay, some commercial manuals appear on there occasionally.

Also, you can sometimes get by with the recreational manual for the similar motor of the same/similar year.

ken c.

Cadet

All of you guys have been so helpful, I am so glad I found this forum. thanks again guys. I,m sure I will be back with more ?.s