Every Freaking Year!!!

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Why is it that every year I test my damn christmas lights they work when on the ground. But, When you get them on the house the stuff doesnt work!!!

Yes I am the neighbor that puts them up early but, I refuse to turn them on until after Thanksgiving.

Brewman61

Ensign
Re: Every Freaking Year!!!

Your neighbors are envious of you being pro-active on getting the lights up so early. It makes them look bad to their spouses, so they are probably sabotaging your lights to extract petty revenge on you!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Their is nothing wrong with your lights. Thats the way they are supposed to work.:D

bowler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Clark W Griswald!

D

DJ

Here Honey, I'm DONE! See. If you DON'T untangle them, they work fine.
X-Maslights-1.jpg

aspeck

Staff member

I put mine up early also, since deer season starts right after Thanksgiving! If they aren't up by Nov 25th, they won't be up till Dec 17th and wife and daughter will be unhappy!

Don't turn them on till after Thanksgiving either. And mine never work out of the box. I spend 5 hours getting all the lights to work, then put them up, only to spend another 5 hours getting them to work again! Every year I claim it is the last year for the lights ... gonna start buying new EVERY year. And every year I am testing and repairing light cords! :mad:

CobiaXL

Banned

Spend the extra cash and get LED lights.Problem solved for me.On there 4th year.

Brewman61

Ensign

I toss the strings at the end of the year. It's much easier than trying to reuse them. You can get hundreds of feet of the el-cheepo mini lights for pennies per foot. If I had some expensive strings of LED's, I might be more prone to trying to save them. But we only string about 150' per year, total cost is under $20-$30. Not worth the bother to me.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Why the flyin' flip did you have to bring this up? . . . Ugh :(

aspeck

Staff member

RedneckChristmasLights.jpg

Here were some of mine last year ... :D

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That deer light is TWISTED!!!!!
I love it.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

SKIUSEME- Just leave them up year round and you wont have a problem next year. You can put red, white and blue for the 4th of july, orange and black for holloween, etc...

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is another take on the electric deer. LOL

Attachments

• redneck-lawn-deer.jpg
    redneck-lawn-deer.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Yup will be going up there agian this weekend. Just like clark the in-laws will be here..... I bought the LED's and stuff still doesnt last..... Oh welll.

"Tis the Season to be Mary"

nlain

Commander

I will upset my neighbors this year, I am not putting up any decorations, got a new dog, Akita puppy, tears up everything, not going to let her electrocute herself when she starts chewing up hot extension cords. She would have a field day ripping stuff up and if she did not kill herself I just might. :D Here is a panorama I put together of mine showing some of what I do, there is 240 feet across the front and I put lights all the way across. I have got cords everywhere, even out back to the dock where I put a 16 foot tree of lights. I am not going to have the light problem this year, hopefully next year.

Panorama08.jpg

stealthdrummer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Know what ya mean with the lights working and not working. If it rained the lights in half of the trees quit working. As soon as it dried out they were working again. Drove me nuts. I never could find the problem and didn't have to worry about it as the lights got stuck in most of the trees and came down in small pieces.

_MG_4470.jpg
[/IMG]