Eska carb.question

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class
This Eska 7.5 is air-cooled,with an impeller.If that's not enough,it's a 2 stroke Tecumseh.Well the question is,has anyone ever tried a 4 stroke carb.on one?? The fact.carb.has a duck-bil fuel pump & bowl/float system.If the gasket were re-done to cover vaccum hole,,one would think it might work or is it completely out of question.Any thoughts??

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: Eska carb.question

If ya need the duck bill to pump fuel,how ya going to pump fuel without it?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

disregard what I was thinking, thought you wanted to run straight gas in it:facepalm:

Last edited:

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class

how would it lubricate itself internally.

So the hole I was talking about(in the power head) to block is how the bottom end gets lube? I kinda thought the reed deal did that as well as chamber. I was spit-balling anyway,,Just looking for a way to save a motor.I been fooling with this carb.cleaning,etc.Still won't advance as it should.I ain't give up yet.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Throttle on the outboard is actuated by a cam on the stator moving a vertical pin staked onto the throttle linkage. You need to yank the throttle shutter shaft out of an outboard carb to put into the lawn mower, but lawn mowers are gravity fed, so no pump.

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class

Throttle on the outboard is actuated by a cam on the stator moving a vertical pin staked onto the throttle linkage. You need to yank the throttle shutter shaft out of an outboard carb to put into the lawn mower, but lawn mowers are gravity fed, so no pump.

Your correct,if I do this I can switch the shaft with mine,shouldn't be a problem.As stated,this motor has the tank above the carb.so I felt like that may be enough,just not sure.I was hoping someone had tried this before and could verify if it would work.Thax for your input.