Eska 9.9 CDI CopyCat hack of Truckintyler Interference Problem

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Eska 9.9 CDI CopyCat hack of Truckintyler Interference Problem

I don't have a good answer for you either find a bad module lol shouldn't be too hard lol. Or rewind it, which means more depotting . I have a few inductors in a bin which is all a trigger coil is maybe I can find something around the same output voltage. But check your wires again. I used as short of wires as possible

M

mrcrabs

Ask Ed, he may have some answers for yeah, last time I talked to him he was winding trigger coils with out bobbins....what ever in the heck that means,

anybody seen my third magnet :D

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I think I'm missing my third magnet, too.

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good morning Gentlemen.I was browsing some of my old saved files and came across this Tecumseh ignition project that may supply some interesting info on the trigger problems.My 1980 Game fisher with the SSI runs perfect,but this is food for thought if/(when) mine bites the dust.Hope this helps someone.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Tec...s/Tecumseh_old_coil_retro_fit_HH100_HH120.pdf

M

mrcrabs

Thats some of Ed Stoller and the guys at the yahoo Tecumseh groups work, I'm sure some of those photos are the same one's Ed used for his web site....Good info!

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just had a thought, the hall effect sensors you can buy to replace points ... i dont know exactly how they work, but do they control the advance of the spark as well as "triggering" the spark :)? i'm just having a thought not sure myabe someone can help me.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

As far as I can tell, Hall effect sensors are really just magnetically triggered switches - on or off. They got three pins, one for ground, one for a reference voltage, and one for output signal. Seems like if timing advance was controlled with one of those, it would be because signal pulse frequency from it was being fed to some other circuitry.

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Finally after i took that flywheel off with a sledge i can show a picture of my stator.

Attachments

• DSC09586.jpg
    DSC09586.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
M

mrcrabs

Ok for take off, oops...Houston we have a problem...LOL