Engine wires and trolling motor wires running on the same battery.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought a bass tracker 2001 tx17. I went to install a dual bank charger and, noticed the cranking wire and trolling motor wires on on one battery. The other smaller wires are 0n the much bigger battery at least I think they're both on the same battery. There's so many wires I don't know what they all are. But common sense tells me the engine wires would be thick like the trolling motor wires. There's 4 thick wires on one battery.. Is this wired right. I can send pictures if it will help you understand what your looking at. I've never had a nice boat like this and am new to this.

edit-Insert

Seaman Apprentice
You need to run basic electrical testing. I'm assuming you know what the starting wires are. So let's skip those. Disconnect all negative leads. Put them on one at a time and go find what you powered up. There are 50 different ways to wire something and they all lead to the same end result. You can only be helped online if people installing that stuff followed best practices and used industry standards. Or if it is all factory installed. Which sounds unlikely in your case.

Last edited: