ECM 555 problem

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 2005 5.7 black scorpion. i bought it knowing it had some issues. i replaced the tuliped valves in #1 and #7 cylinders, replaced cracked distributor cap, and replace bad alternator.
when i bought the boat the warning light and buzzer would sound every minute or so, even when not running just with the ignition on. after all the work it is still going off.

is there a way to reset the ecm without a scan tool? oil, temps, water circulation, tranny. all seem fine so i think it may just be a stored fault?????????

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ECM 555 problem

mechanic is letting me use his scanner and i will scan tomorrow.

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

there were a bunch of left over codes. low voltage, bad alternator, water in fuel, ext. i cleared all of them and also found that the MAS was not plugged in which im sure was the cause of the alarm.
there were a few codes that would not clear and i looked them and it is all things my boat does not have 2nd tank sensor, second fuel pump, steering sensor.
one code that does not clear im not sure of.
124 TPI1 no adapt. fault sensor inside of ECT.
i think ECT is a tranny control??? i do not believe i have this but am not sure.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ECT is Engine Coolant Temperature, and you do have one.

What's an MAS ?

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mass Air Sensor.
ok so it is saying my ECT sensor is bad? i hope to go down to the boat again tomorrow and will try to find it and get a new one.

Dshow

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should be able to use the scan tool to see if the ECT is bad... Look for ambient temp before you start the engine and after you start, it should warm up to 160F 'ish'.

Fun Times

Staff member

Your low voltage could be a good sign of the problems you're having. You should make sure all your battery connections are clean and tight at both ends. Also it is very important that you're battery is strong enough for your engine application. All the DTS Models have to use a 800 cca / 1000 mca / 190 Ah starting battery or you will have problems like you're experiencing.

Also your "MAS" should have been "MAP" I'm thinking. (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor)?

there were a bunch of left over codes. low voltage, bad alternator, water in fuel, ext. i cleared all of them and also found that the MAS was not plugged in which im sure was the cause of the alarm.

there were a few codes that would not clear and one code that does not clear im not sure of.
124 TPI1 no adapt. fault sensor inside of ECT.
i think ECT is a tranny control??? i do not believe i have this but am not sure.
With the fault's your getting you're "ECT" should have read "ETC" "Electronic Throttle controller" Sometimes referred to as throttle body.

The Electronic Throttle controller uses a small electric motor to move the position of the throttle plate, Based upon requests from the "ERC" (Electronic Remote Control) (Via the command Module and PCM.

Fault 124, TPS1 (Throttle position sensor) Fault Explanation,
TPS1 is outside valid range when trying to adapt. Adapt occurs when exiting crank on the way to run. Possible root cause "faulty sensors inside of ETC".

All the above is why your battery needs to be 100% compatible with your engines application as a starting point towards finding a cure.;)

Good luck.:)

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just realized my mistake while reading through the manual this morning. you are correct i meant to type ETC. the batteries are brand new and both are 1000 MCA required is 950. the alternator i just installed is a 70amp same as what came out. scan tool showed 12.5 while off and 14.3 while running.

where is the ETC located?
Just a thought. the boat has Perfect Pass. if this was out of adjustment could it be pushing or pulling on the throttle?

my apologies for the typo i have had some long days trying to get in the water.