Dry docking ? for those in NJ

maxturbo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dont know if im in the right forum or not. So I'll ask anyway. Does anyone here from NJ Dry dock there boat in a marina or somewhere else during the season? If so where and what do they charge?
I'm looking to dry dock my boat somewhere down the shore and take her out fishing on the weekends. Instead of towing her home every week.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dry docking ? for those in NJ

Max, You should call some marinas in the area of choice. You want a spot to park the boat and trailer, or a rack for storage? None of the marinas near me (Toms River area) do this, but there is a marina near Ft. Monmouth that rents trailer space. They are quite far up the Shrewsbury river, however. You might call the two NJ State marinas. One is located in Forked River and the other is in Leonardo. Both are relatively close to the bay and ultimately the ocean.

njlarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where in NJ and only for fishing?

maxturbo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

IM from Rahway, was looking somewhere around sandyhook or atlantic highlands. Someone told me there was a gated trailer park where you can rent a space to park and when you want to fish the ramp is only 3 blocks away. Tried to search for it but i cant find it. The guy doesnt know the name or the exact place just that one of his friends puts his boat there. He paid 400 for the season.

Dont want to put it up for storage just when the season opens. In the winter ill tow it home.

Anybody know of this place in the atlantic highlands area? Said it was close to sandyhook.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

google storage, city. boat storage,city.

maxturbo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Let me try that. I did search marinas and didnt come up with anything in that area. Came up Marinas but to far for me. But Ill try the boat storage part of it thanks.

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Why don't you talk some local residences in the area,Perhaps they will let you park the Boat/Trailer on there property for a small $$$.

maxturbo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why don't you talk some local residences in the area,Perhaps they will let you park the Boat/Trailer on there property for a small $$$.
I thought of that too but the only thing is. I would be worried about the safety of the boat and wouldnt want to hold them responsible if anything were to happen to it.