Don't laugh it worked

kynolan2183

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Don't laugh it worked

Once I saw a old junker pickup on MoPac in Austin towing a law mower not on a trailer with a bungie cord at 50 mph. I was suprised at how many rednecks slowed down hoping to load it up in their pickup when it broke loose.
Don't know if it broke loose or not.

I was not going to wait around for a 55 mph tumbling Murry mower to come my way.

Kyle

CAVU V

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What ever it takes.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow who dug up this old thread:eek: funny thingis the problem ended up being a 45 cent wire connector on the main ground to the engin block

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I once had my van die about a block from the house. Could not get it started again. Other car was in the shop.

Took my small Murray riding lawnmower down the street with a dock line from the boat and - you guessed it - towed the van back at about 1 mile per hour.

Try to picture that driving past your front yard.

Had to get my son to stand on the back of the mower to get enough weight on the back wheel to keep it from slipping but we made it.

Actually got pretty easy once I convinced my wife to take her foot off the brake!

sprouticus

Petty Officer 1st Class

I once made a dump run with my old 85 ford ranger. I think I had the lights and radio on, and the battery died. The guy that worked at the dump used to drive around in a little front wheel drive car, with the roof chopped off and the backseat removed.....................and no rear axle or tires. Luckily I carried cables as my batery had given me troubles before, but I still felt embarrased when this very handicapped car dragged itself over to boost my truck.

I then broke down and bought a new battery.

j_martin

Admiral

I once made a dump run with my old 85 ford ranger. I think I had the lights and radio on, and the battery died. The guy that worked at the dump used to drive around in a little front wheel drive car, with the roof chopped off and the backseat removed.....................and no rear axle or tires. Luckily I carried cables as my batery had given me troubles before, but I still felt embarrased when this very handicapped car dragged itself over to boost my truck.

I then broke down and bought a new battery.

An object lesson in "what's the difference between humility and humiliation?"

LOL
John

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

1990. Had my half ton GMC 4x4 parked at the foot of my really steep driveway. Went across the busy (15000 cars a day) road, got my mail, and when I got back in the truck the starter cast it's withers. I walked up the driveway, got my 2 year old 4wd Susuki 250 CC ATV, stuck in super low range, differential lock, and toted that truck uopo the driveway. Lots of looks and I though SWMBO was gonna pee per pants.

tommyomeara

Recruit

i had a 14' aluminum boat with a 35 hp motor on it. i moved but did not have a moving trailer so i loaded the truck and boat and moved that way. 30 miles one way. well the full size swing set was a pain cause i didn't take it apart. ond on that trip the hub broke off 10 miles from new place. i called a buddy and him and i unloaded the swing set from the boat and loaded the boat only into the back of the truck. needless to say after two more trips i finally got moved. and although this happened in Nebraska i felt like i was in Louisiana or someplace like that.

hazwild

Petty Officer 2nd Class

it is always the cheap ground wire that gets ya