Does iboats load slow for you?

Bennettc

Seaman
iboats seems to be the slowest webpage on the internet. Every other page I go to loads quickly. iboats works very slowly on every link I click. Does this webpage work slowly for you or is it just me?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Re: Does iboats load slow for you?

iboats seems to be the slowest webpage on the internet. Every other page I go to loads quickly. iboats works very slowly on every link I click. Does this webpage work slowly for you or is it just me?

Yep, very slow for me as well. There have been a couple threads about this already. No real resolution though.

Bondo

Staff member

iboats IS the slowest webpage on the internet.

Ayuh,.... I'm on hi-speed cable with a pretty Clean runnin' 'puter,..
I've been saying this for a Long time...
iboats is at the Top of the list for 2 things,....

The Most Popular Boating website on the net,....
And,...
The SLOWEST website on the net......:rolleyes: :(

i386

Captain

I rarely ever have problems with iBoats except when it's a known problem with the server(s).

I have noticed lately that the quality of Internet service overall has not been that great over the past few months. This is true on the T1 ant work and my DSL at home. Some sites just time out for me. Even Gmail does sometimes lately. I think I may have posted something about YouTube timing out before.

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some going on with some of the Internet backbone lines or some other big problem that's affecting a large number of users across different ISP networks. There are a lot of things that can go wrong between your computer and the site you're viewing. Sometimes traceroute can help, but with everyone hardening their firewalls/routers these days, many hosts don't respond to ICMP requests which makes troubleshooting difficult.

SNye45

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I first started accessing iboats.com I used Internet Explorer, and wow was it slow to load. Then I discovered Google Chrome and for some reason Google Chrome accesses and loads iboats so much faster. I still use IE, but use Chrome for iboats nearly always now.

Google Chrome can be downloaded free from the internet !!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have switched to Firefox and it also loads iboats much faster than IE.

Also . . . keep fingers crossed, I understand we're getting a new, ETEC, 4 stroke, supercharged, MPI, oil injected, SmartCraft enabled, server dedicated for the forums . . . Stay tuned :)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Firefox web browser done the trick for me. Much faster with Iboats than IE..

Bennettc

Seaman

I am using Firefox now and it is amazing the difference it makes! Thanks for the help.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I've always used firefox and Iboats loads as fast as any other site on the net.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I am using firefox as well. Never had any real issues. Went a little slower when we had the record attendance but still no issue.

Expidia

Commander

It's not our browsers. iboats needs to spring for new servers with more bandwidth.

As per QC's post it appears they are in the process of upgrading.

It's been so brutally slow sometimes that I just switch over to another boating forum rather than hang around waiting for a page to load here.

Notice how many times we are now getting that "server is busy error, check back later" when you try to post. That's not your browsers speed and that's my signal to check out the other sites and return another day.

i386

Captain

Notice how many times we are now getting that "server is busy error, check back later" when you try to post.

I haven't gotten errors like that in months. Are you getting these errors lately?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I haven't gotten errors like that in months. Are you getting these errors lately?

I personally had that message a few days ago..There are times, wham bam no problems..other days..I go get a cup of java while waiting..and I'm on High speed DSL here and in my office

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Yup - super slow for me too even with high speed although it is IE... Had the "server too busy" message two days ago for awhile.

It's great you have sold 903,876 items since 1999...have you upgraded your servers since then? ;)

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I use XP, and it is REALLY SLOW. And it seems to be getting worse. It is so slow I don't read much. I hope they do something.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Yea, I stop by once a day, some days none. I used to hang out here A LOT. Just tired of putting up with a website that offers such sub-standard service - says something about their business philosophy. I think a lot of the slowness can be attributed to the junk ads they put up.

Euro95

Seaman Apprentice

Reading Iboats is fast here, probably because all of ya Americans are asleep at this time of the day :D

Bondo

Staff member

Yea, I stop by once a day, some days none. I used to hang out here A LOT. I think a lot of the slowness can be attributed to the junk ads they put up.

Ayuh,.... I'm here most everyday, at least once, sometimes more.....
I gotta believe I'd be at 41,000 posts instead of 21,000, if the site worked Faster...:(

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ayuh,.... I'm here most everyday, at least once, sometimes more.....
I gotta believe I'd be at 41,000 posts instead of 21,000, if the site worked Faster...:(

Then I am very thankfull for the replies you have given ME!
I feel kinda special now..lol:p

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I'm here several times a day and NO problems!....

Its a free site with tons of info and good people....appreciate it for what it is and no belly aching...:p

If you run ad blocker it stops the pop up ads on Iboats...makes it even faster..