Do you ever wana tear up looking at your boat under the cover??

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer
:(:(

I've dreamed of owning a boat since I was 12. This year I finally got a bayliner nice and cheap.....yes I know you all think it's the garbage of the sea, but I love her.

4585_652326934521_9011533_40275796_5112807_n.jpg

9422_685861575831_9011533_41852606_2765139_n.jpg

Anyway.....I'm just here staring at her out of my window.........all covered up and not going anywhere.......makes me depressed!

How do you handle it? I can't afford the whole winter sports thing... lol.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
Re: Do you ever wana tear up looking at your boat under the cover??

I find drinking adult beverages helps :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Fight it man, fight it.
Its not even December yet.

Grow a pair and fight it. :)

frwhlr38

Seaman

Well i dont see it as garbage i just gots my 1st boat its a 1975 larson with 50 hp merc but wife and i love it as all we do is use it for fishing

Bondo

Staff member

Grow a pair and fight it.

Ayuh,...:D

It won't be long,+ I'll be walkin' in the backyard, rather than Floatin'...

Answerin' questions,+ rattlein' cages here at iboats sure Helps,.... Quit drinkin' Years ago....

BeaufortTJustice

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you take care of it, it'll be a fine boat for ya. In the meantime, clean the house or something to get you mind off it.

Some salt for your wounds...I'm making preparations for an all day boating excursion tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 70's here then. I'll go ahead and bend over so you can give me a swift kick in the pants...yes, I deserve it...lol.

767Captain

Seaman

Hey, if you choose to live in an a climate that doesn't let you boat year round, don't ***** about it! :D

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the boat. Looks very nice. Don't worry what others might say about bayliner....it's your boat and if cared for is as good as any. I have a 2008 Maxum (bought new in august) and love it and am impressed with the quality and it's a member of the bayliner/Brunswick family. Not trying to rub it in here but I just got back from a day on the lake here in so cal but I do sympathize with all who have to winterize! Good luck come spring.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

If you don't shrink wrap it, ya can always craw up under the tarp and knock back a few in it....works wonders about the middle of January ;)

Nice photos btw

amanphoto

Petty Officer 1st Class

I feel your pain. I'm living it also. I just got a new boat used it twice and now its covered and sitting in the driveway. I crawl under the cover and work in it when its a nice outside and dream about the summer.

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade

[QUOTEAnyway.....I'm just here staring at her out of my window.........all covered up and not going anywhere.......makes me depressed!

How do you handle it? I can't afford the whole winter sports thing... lol.[/QUOTE]

To break the boredom, now's the time of year to hook-up the 'ol tow vehicle and haull that thing down to the grain scales to determine your actual weight and tongue weight. Next trip to the trailer inspection station (if your state is similar to Va.).
Jack the trailer up and haul the wheel assemblies inside for bearing/brake inspections/repairs.
On the sunny days, crawl up under the cover with a six pack and clean the upholstery, treat the teak and just spif-up the interior.
If you are closed-cooled, drag out the hose and fire it up....charge the batteries and listen to her run every now and then. (remember to drain the coolers and take the hose back inside)
Peruse iBoats and the various other chandlers for those nice-to-have- items you're longing for.
Head up to the 'Adults' (at the top of the page...sticky), download your manuals and STUDY them.
Next thing you know, you'll be de-winterizing!!!!
FWIW....Ed in 'ol Virginny (and taking the boat out in the morning):)

Maclin

Admiral

I hang out here for vicarious boating, or "boating by osmosis". I cannot even go out and look at mine, it is winterized and stored 500 miles away right now. But I do have a 14 second video of me taking off in 'er that I watch over and over...:D

dragtuners

Seaman Apprentice

lol i have something to say for me the bad thing is i can see the boat outside the weather is grate here in Florida but i just got my boat i am totally new at it and i am in the restoration proses that make you tear out more when is you first boat :mad:

bassman284

Commander

Looks mighty nice, Thaj. I'm more or less locked up for the winter so I feel your pain. When spring comes, enjoy and keep us posted.

I know some folks throw down on Bayliners, but I see a lot of 'em around here and everybody on board seems to be smilin'.

jrock1062

Cadet

I really feel your pain I bought my boat at the end of the season the only trip I got on her was a sea trial now she is in the back yard all covered and I haven't even gotten to take her for a spin :(

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found hanging out with other boating guys helps. Take a class or two with the local United States Sail & Power Squadron to learn more about the water, or engine maintenance, or electronics, or piloting and seamanship or weather forecasting. If you like it they have a very active social side too.... And during the boating months in your area they organize different types of cruises. Our group cruises the Great Lakes, the Ohio River and other bodies of water...Last month we had an outing to a local shooting range! So my suggestion.....hang out with other poor souls who can't boat either!!! Misery loves company!

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thajeffski, I'm right there with you. First boat, brought it home last week. Haven't had it on the water (except for the trial). I can't believe it's not even December. I need to move somewhere warm, just so I can take the boat out. It's killing me!!!

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thajeffski, I'm right there with you. First boat, brought it home last week. Haven't had it on the water (except for the trial). I can't believe it's not even December. I need to move somewhere warm, just so I can take the boat out. It's killing me!!!

I hear ya!!! I bought my boat, did a lake trial, then brought it home and winterized it!!!! I crawl under the covers sometimes and "piddle around" doing small projects. I've ordered or bought everything I need for next summer, and I am waiting (impatiently) for it.

I do winter sports and have alot of hobbies, but I AM a summer rat!!! Read everything you can on boating, make sure the trailer and tow vech. or up to snuff, and sooner or later it will be warm and they will be used.

Don't worry about what others think about your boat Boating is alot like motorcycling. "It doesn't matter what you ride just as long as you ride"!Personally I like Bayliners, never owned one, but have ridden in alot of them.

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had my boat out while it was snowing friday. I had on a snowmobile suit, lifejacket and a ski mask. I am not fighting it yet!

But today starts the winterizing so I will be in your shoes shortly.

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

I look at this differently:
-I don't feel obligated, or guilty if it is a good wether and I'm not on the lake
-My motor won't stall in a middle of the lake
-My oudrive won't get any water in
-I won't hit the rock with my outdrive
-I won't get mad if it ios a weekend and the weather is bad
-I won't embarass myself in front of others if I come in in a dock and screw up
And list can go on.:)