Do you count your silverware after the guests leave?

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class
I do - otherwise two forks would've gone out in the trash tonight :)

blade_x

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Do you count your silverware after the guests leave?

Only when I have family over and then I pat them down before they leave to get the ncie silver back, lol. ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) solved the problem long ago!!!! use to give people turkey to take home and after a dozen times of not bringing the plates back and finally me having to pick it up ,we now use all plastic and throw away after and send home extra turkey in plastic!!! 'GREAT"!!! ;) :cool:

heycods

Captain

Yea on petroleum products, Plastic kinfe fork spoon plate and cup. lwr

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

We will from now on...we lost 3 nice spoons in the trash last week when a "helpful" guest threw them out as she overzealously cleaned off dessert plates. She apparently did not see them under the napkins. Too bad we figured it out after the trash was picked up. :(

brother chris

Commander

I would, but "Wendys" gives em out for free. :D :D :D

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

All my relatives have started to after I visit :D <br /><br />Anyone who's lost some silverware should contact me with a description and I'll see if I can match it up with my growing "collection" ;) <br /><br /><br />Hmmmmm, wonder why I don't get as many invites as I used to? :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

We sold our silver long time ago. Figured we would never use it for the fear of loosing pieces. Wife and I eat off regular dinner plates and stainless wear. When the whole bunch gets together, our formal plastic wear and plates come out. Thats funny, looks like the same stuff I use on the boat in the warm season!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

This question threw me right back to Woody Allen's movie "Dreamer" ,where he claims that they counted the silverware in the White House after Nixon left.<br />There were some great laughs in that movie.

Twidget

Commander

I misinterpreted the beginning. Maybe it was because of my Mothers Thanksgiving guests this year.<br /><br />She has a sister that sneaks things out of the house. My cousin came with her and that apple didnt fall far from the tree at all.<br /><br />Hope mom has a house left when they leave.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I always count the beers and check the medicine cabinet :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> I always count the beers
Yeah, I have to, to keep up with inventory replenishment. "Ya know how Uncle Mike is . . ."

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

No need to anymore.....they stole it all!!

treedancer

Commander

I’m glad you reminded me I just counted and have two sporks missing. :D

LubeDude

Admiral

I have an uncle that will steal something every time he comes, his kids do the same. Not just silverwere either. Could be anything from tools to jewlery. He will take stuff from the garden also. My dad specifically told him one time that there were not enough apples this year so he couldnt give him any and that they were going to make applesause with what they had. When he left there were only a few apples on the tree, he had shaken it and took all he could get. He forgot to tell him not to steal them either I guess!<br /><br />What the H*ll is with people anyway???????