Do I need this Boat project or should I keep looking. 85 Bayliner 2150 Cuddy Cabin

condor74

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Do I need this Boat project or should I keep looking. 85 Bayliner 2150 Cuddy Cab

Yes I did have my PDF on. Besides being safe, it allowed for more energy being used for swimming and pulling than also having to worry about floating and treading water.

Yeah flagging someone down was more difficult than expected. Everyone on the lake was towing someone and saw us waving at them and just waved back. Finally a guy in his family in a 60s era red ski boat that sounded very healthy was slowed down and cut his engine close to us so he could puf his tube in the water. We were able to get his attention.

I didnt feel to bad as earlier in the day I saw a newer high dollar wakeboard boat being towed in by another old boat..

Cptkid570

Ensign
Re: Do I need this Boat project or should I keep looking. 85 Bayliner 2150 Cuddy Cab

I'm glad you found a boat you like! The cuddy cabin will come in handy if a thunderstorm sneaks up on you or if you want to store things that you don't want to get wet

Last edited:

condor74

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thunder storms are rare in these parts but who says I will always be using the boat close to home. Right now i am still in the get to know her stage. The cuddy will probably come in handy as we transfer from summer water sports fun to fall fishing where the goal will be to stay dry.

The previous owner had done some interior repairs which i am not real happy with so I will be probably at some point rebuilding the doors to the cuddy cabin and making myself a custom dash board and steering column mount.I will probably wait till cooler weather gets here to do it. Iam also interested in switching it over to hydraulic steering to counteract some of the prop torque steer and just to make it smoother.

dragos28

Seaman

Hey there,
now today i know for sure it was you I passed by on the lake. You had a down rider & your wife was waving the orange flag.
I waved Hi, but I doubt you saw.
Any how, it looked like you guys were having a blast!
We also had a really great time, we bought a 2 person wow raft and I was giving the riders HELL! LOL... lost em a few times, they got some serious air time!

condor74

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah that was us. We were trying to teach the girls how to ski on a single ski. They finally got up briefly and we called it good. We then put them both on the tube for the remainder of the day we played on the tube. Took turns throwing them off. Good time was had by all. Glad you were having a great time as well. My oldest daughter was going off to college the next week and we were having one last fun day at the lake.

dragos28

Seaman

Awesome, next time if i see you i'll make sure to say Hi so that you see me!
LOL
We are taking the boat out to Bass Lake this next weekend, i bought two wake boards... so I want to give that a try!
hopefully I dont end up drinking half the lake water!
LOL....