dipsy divers

rightcoastrob

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i recently spent a small fortune on 4 trolling rods wire line everything for trolling for eyes on lake erie eastern basin.ive got a question what side of the dipsy does the rubber snubber go on.i would think its the rod side but then again thinking has always got me in trouble lol.also i was wondering if anyone has run a crankbait and a spoon off one dipsy.i understand this is a great method for walleye.

rndn

Commander
Re: dipsy divers

I always placed mine on the rod side. The snubber is to absorb some of the strain from the dipsy so if you place it after the dispy the fishing line will be connected directly to the diver which will cause the line to break. I've only used the snubber on the large dispy Divers and found I didn't need them for the smaller ones.
If you end up with too many Walleyes, please PM me and I'll send you an address to send the extra filets.

dukhnter8

Seaman Apprentice

If the dipsy has a release, the snubber should be on the lure side. Otherwise the release may not work properly.

rightcoastrob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'ts taking awhile to compile dipsy diver info everyone seems to be hush hush on the subject.But i'll share what i've learned already.
1. rubber snubbers-Go on the lure side of the dipsy.
2.you do not need a snubber if your useing mono it has enough strech you dont need that shock asorber.
3.if your useing a super braid or a wire line like i do u deff need the snubber or you could possibaly break your line.
4.tune in the release with 1/16th turns this is highly sensitive and dont take much to change the relese tension.
If any one is interested in depth of diff type of line and depth speeds i;ve compiled all this info from several different sites.Just send me a message and ill be glad to share it with you....

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

For both Walleye and Salmon,the fashion i was taught was to attach the diver direct to the line...then comes the snubber then the flasher and finally the leader...In this manner the diver can dig and stay constant where as attaching the snubber beore the diver will give some crazy effects...kinda like high speed jigging..;) But who know's...but fishing salmon that way will improve your catches if there biting short.

krowey

Cadet

i'll give my 2 cents, although i see this is an old post and may help someone else. i've always been taught to use the rubber snubber on the lure side to help reduce the shock of the fish strike. and from what i've learned over the years of trolling for kokanee, it works really well, as they have a soft mouth, that can allow the hook to tear out easily.