Dinette sofa/Couch Removal - 2000 Sig 300

ormjgrouch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good morning guys, Wife/Kids(3 monsters) enjoy the boat, and last year was the first year in 5 years we took a break from boating, Summer is rapidly approaching and I'm trying to get the boat ready.
My first project is getting the dinette couch/sofa reupholstered but I can't seem to figure out how to get the backrest (I think that's what its called) unbolted/unlatched from the cabin. Any one know what the trick is? hopefully his is a easy removal, let me know guys. Many thanks in advance.
-grouch
Crazy here in Virginia 70 degrees yesterday and today 40 degrees

Last edited:

Roady68

Seaman Apprentice
I'm not sure if the dinette is the same, but the rear salon vertical cushions were held in place with multiple rows of velcro.

ormjgrouch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Roady, thanks for the reply. just feel like when I pull/yank I'm going to break something. Do you happen to know which boat/model you are comparing it with?

Roady68

Seaman Apprentice
Roady, thanks for the reply. just feel like when I pull/yank I'm going to break something. Do you happen to know which boat/model you are comparing it with?

I have a 2000 Signature 300. But ours has the standard bench seat and table. I haven't tried to remove the galley seat backs. But I have had to remove the aft salon cushions to make some repairs.

ormjgrouch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
alright guys figured it out, just incase anyone has the same issue, had to unscrew the drawers under the v-berth and behind that you will find BIG ASS screws. My rights side backrest was a PAIN due to the leather fused together with the cabinets, finally broke lose pulling up and down.

thanks guys