Differences Johnson 25 commercial 2000 mod and 30hp 2003 mod

boater1no

Cadet
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Hello[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I have a Johnson 30 with el start remote ctrl and water has entered the crankcase and damaged the lowest piston and the crankshaft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I have saved the cylinder and honed it slightly. top piston and rod is good with no wear at all.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Bought a Johnson 25comm complete block took the head off an saw some differences on the shape of the ports..Cylinders seem ok and there is no play at all on the crank bearings. Most people say that the only difference beyween the 25 an 30 is the carb but there seem to be different ports there.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]If i want 30 hp do i have to move the pistons and crank from the 25 to the 30 hp block.?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Another question I have is what sealer to use between the halves of the crankcase and the amount of sealer too use. i have heard that some sealers expand when they get harder?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Uploaded some pictures[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]reg[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Svein[/FONT]

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Use only the factory sealer or Loctite 518.-----A 1/16" bead is all that is required.