DF20A prop

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Bent my 10.25 x 10 stock prop twice, this time it looks like I shoul replace it. Order a new Solas 10.25 x 10. Put on a Solas 10.25 8 that I had and never used. It over revs the 6300 rpms that are spec for the motor. The new prop came in and I installed. It won’t go over 5850 rpm. The stock prop hit just under the 6300 rpm limit. Why won’t the Solas replacement do the same?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How loaded was boat when OB over revved to 6300 rpm, did rev limiter if having one kicked in ? When going from OEM props to other prop brands most times won't achieve same wot rpm, that's due to blade thickness, shape, blade length, etc. On inflatable boats there is a usual over revving when passing from x pitch to next one. In such cases a re prop at a prop shop to add or subtract a 0.5" is way to go if like running full grip at max wot revs while OB sings along..

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Boat loaded the same for several years. 2 adults that’s it. Solas doesn’t make a 10.25 x 9. I should have bought a Suzuki 10 OEM prop.
limiter kicks in

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Did the Susy 10 OEM prop performed right for your fixed load application, that's revving to full wot rpm range without rev limiter kicking in ? Taking advantage that you already have tested the Solas 10.25 / 8 and over revved, it's a candidate to be re pitched to a 10.25 / 8.5 at a prop shop to lessen wot revs. Probably 0.5 " is what OB needs and not a full 9 pitch. Do you have issues re pitching props ? Have re pitched 2 props, can't be happier specially if boating with a "fixed load".

Happy Boating

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Found a place to “rebuild” my OEM Suzuki prop for a lot less than a new one.