Depth finder problems

whitey224

Seaman
Well I took my boat out for the first time last weekend. (2011 Q7i) The depth finder worked for a little bit but it seemed to get stuck on a number and flash more then it worked. It was very windy so the water was choppy I don't know if that is part of it or if there might be something wrong with it. My old boat would do that every now and then but never like this. I look at the depth a lot so I want this thing to work. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows what might be wrong. Thanks for any help

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Depth finder problems

Whitey,
I am having the same problem with my 2010 Q7 SSF. I just bought it new last month (a leftover). It seems to work fine as long as I don't run the aftermarket installed Hummingbird depth finder. Don't know if they interfere with each other or not. Mine gets stuck flashing .4 depth. You can go through the options menu of factory one and reset it to factory settings and it will then work. I posted a similar thread a couple days ago and am awaiting responses. With all the knowledge out there, someone has to know the proper fix!

whitey224

Seaman

I am hoping it had something to do with the water being so rough last weekend. I think I will take it out again on a nice calm day and if it still will not work I will talk to the dealer. But I am sure that someone on here has had this happen or knows why it happens.

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have a 2010, Q7 SF and yes i have had the same problem. i had a chartploter and fishfinder installed on the boat. i can not run both of them at the same time. they installed a toggle switch so that i can compleatley cut off the power to the chatplotter/ fishfinder a garmin 441s. at first i thought it was that they put the transducer too close to the stock depth finder. after repositining it it seemed to work better. however i still can not run both the stock depthfinder and my installed fishfinder/chardplotter together.