Depth finder/Lowrance

Bruce Hautz

Cadet
my digital looking Lowrance depth finder doesn't show anything Is there a way to test it it?

Bruce Hautz

Cadet
Re: Depth finder/Lowrance

Not sure on the model. on the dash the screen looks like it would have digital numbers. Its on a 92 19' four winns. The transducer is thru the hull. I'll have to post some images tomorrow.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Transducer are consumables. At 21 years old, more than likely the transducer is toast. Time for a new unit

UncleWillie

Captain

Are you saying the Gage Head on the dash is Blank/Dark, as in No Display? (Gage Head/Power Problem.)

Or is it Displaying 00.0 all time? (Gage Head/Transducer/Cabling problem.)

OldNBold51

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if it's the original lowrance from '92, you'll have a hard time finding replacement parts for this. You may find the transducer but the head unit (dash) is what has been cratering and the ebay bids for them are more expensive than a brand new unit.

A replacement unit wasn't very hard to install and get working once I followed the instructions for the thru hull testing and transducer placement.

Bruce Hautz

Cadet

Are you saying the Gage Head on the dash is Blank/Dark, as in No Display?
Yes theres nothing on the display

Thalasso

Commander

Have you checked for a good ground. It won't work without it. There should also be a inline fuse near the head unit. There might be one on the ground wire also. Lowrance does this.

UncleWillie

Captain

Have you checked for a good ground. It won't work without it. There should also be a in-line fuse near the head unit. There might be one on the ground wire also. Lowrance does this.

+1

Make sure you have 12 volt power "At The Gage"
You will get a display with or without The transducer. That is not the problem.