Deck stain

pole position

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a small outboard motor stored on the back deck (fiberglass) and it leaked out of the lower unit a gas,oil and exhaust black puddle. I have tried various spray cleaners,a magic eraser,comet,etc but I can't seem to get the stain out.Any more suggestions?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Deck stain

Try one of the purple degreasers followed by hull cleaner. Should do the job.

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

I removed some really stubborn black oily marks with Goo Gone. Can you get that in US?
Worked a treat and real easy.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

try acetone, or gasoline (carefully), or toilet bowl cleaner, or bleach. Not all at the same time! But if it's soaked into the fiberglass, it may require spray paint.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I removed some really stubborn black oily marks with Goo Gone. Can you get that in US?
Save yourself some money. Goo Gone is nothing more than scented Kerosene. Buy it by the quart as charcoal lighter ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Be careful with that stuff. I used it to remove some sticker residue from a computer case and it bleached the heck out of it :mad: course if this is on a white boat, all the better!

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm going to go with different approach. Get some more gas, oil, and exhaust and coat the rest of the deck. It will probably last longer than deck stain, and you can sit out on the deck, close your eyes, and picture yourself out on the water. MMMMM, 2 stroke.....