Dear Members from Up North ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
This might be me soon

10268502_10203129770750498_7868945398186702256_n.jpg

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
W e just received about 2" of the white stuff over night and one of the local radio stations has been playing nothing but Christmas music for 3 days already!
Cripes, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
W e just received about 2" of the white stuff over night and one of the local radio stations has been playing nothing but Christmas music for 3 days already!
Cripes, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

Don't go to Wallyworld. They had Christmas stuff next to the Halloween costumes. I figure next year Christmas lights will start crowding out the Fourth of July sparklers. :eek:

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah GA, we've had Christmas stuff on the shelves for about 30 days now in all of the home centers. In retailing, Christmas starts about August now.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm planning my work travel to my gulf coast sates and two personal trips to SE FL. That should get me through

RGrew176

Commander
For the record we northerners do not mind sharing our Polar Vortex with you all down there. Hope you enjoy it.

23wqja9.jpg

This was what I faced on January 6, 2014 when I went out to lunch from work at 9:36 PM. Later that night at 3 AM when I got off work it was -16*.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
It's funny how people go nuts over a few flakes falling. You can always tell the transplants the first year they're here they're the least prepared, and the ones walking around with this dazed look like " My realtor said it didn't snow in Tennessee." The second year they make a mad dash to the stores to clear the shelves of the basics. You know milk, eggs, and bread! So they can make an omelet to celebrate being prepared.

from my buddy over towards Memphis. His local Kroger.

Tnstratofam

Commander
How much snow or ice are the weathermen predicting for Memphis? We're supposed to get between 2 and 4 inches tonight with up to 6 inches in the higher elevations and they haven't cleaned the store shelves yet. It did snow here Halloween weekend, and a few times since. Maybe that's why people here haven't hit panic mode yet.

southkogs

Staff member
Snow in Nashville this morning ... or as it's more properly referred to down here: the fourth rider of the apocalypse.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I feel better now - The tornado watches and warnings have moved off to the southeast and we were unscathed, hope that holds true for everyone. Cold and warm air clashing is never good. By cold, I mean lows in the teens and highs up to freezing. I know that's nothing for The North. Or is it? How is Monserrat? I'm still getting that recording! :eek:

nwcove

Admiral
gunna be in the teens here tonight...and stay there all day tomorrow .

thumpar

Admiral
That panic reminds me of Seattle. I live on the east side of WA state but get a lot of their news. If they get 2 inches of snow they freak out and schools are closed. Over here it can snow a foot and school will still be open. I remember one year they got 18" overnight in a crazy storm. They thought the world was coming to an end. A few years back my wife woke me up to tell me that there was 22" on the ground it continued to snow until the next day. I think we ended up with about 3'. With the AWD Safari vans we got around just fine.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Snow in Nashville this morning ... or as it's more properly referred to down here: the fourth rider of the apocalypse.

yeah news channel 5 was having fun with the 'Storm Team' coverage this morning..

Memphis was supposed to get 'light dusting'.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Living in the North East.. Upstate-Pa at NY line..........I believe our winter will be "normal", not like last year when Nov started, the temp slammed in the cellar and stayed there till April....the polar cold waive has hit the Midwest harder than here.... I'm good with normal.... so far so good around here...