Deadliest Catch Starts Soon

zach103

Commander
Since my tv is usually stuck on discovery (history, diy and hgtv) i have seen the new previews for the new season. the johnny cash song really makes it tho.. shows how strong these guys are. must say that im really pumped for it.. i love this show and glad the crews came back..deff interested to see how phils boat runs this year.

lauke

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Deadliest Catch Starts Soon

What is their actual fishing season? It would be cool to monitor their boats on AIS.

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've become addicted to Flying Wild Alaska. Some of those off airport landings are amazing. Hope it lasts as long as Deadliest Catch.

sasto

Captain

Hi Zach, Me too! Deadliest Catch is about the only thing I watch on TV. The highs and lows of fishing for crab is exciting for me. I would have liked to have tried that when I was younger. They work hard and play hard.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What is their actual fishing season? It would be cool to monitor their boats on AIS.

King crab season is in Oct- Dec I believe and opie season is in Jan - Feb.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

I think one would have to be half mad to do that job. But I do admire them.

Summer Fun

Banned

Too much DRAMA for me. :facepalm:

They are told how to act to keep the ratings up. :rolleyes:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Gonna be hard without Capt. Phil Harris

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Daniel Tosh said something hilarious last week on a comedy special on comedy central....He said to all these people that say a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work...Look at one of their boats that on its side with two crew members dead and the rest on a raft waiting to be rescued...Do you think they look at the camera in the coast guard helicopter and say "It could be worse, I could be at work"...:eek:

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

...I would have liked to have tried that when I was younger...

When I first moved to San Diego as a young man, I was out on a pier fishing one night when an old man ambled up to me asking if I'd like to go up to Alaska and do the crab boat thing. Said he'd done it for years, but was retired from it now and got paid to find new recruits.

The old man had one eye, a peg leg, and was missing all the fingers from one hand. I declined.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I've become addicted to Flying Wild Alaska. Some of those off airport landings are amazing. Hope it lasts as long as Deadliest Catch.

When is and what channel is that Flying Wild Alaska? I've run across it by accident once and really liked the show.....

Too much DRAMA for me. :facepalm:

They are told how to act to keep the ratings up. :rolleyes:

Agree. Just like any other "reality" show. But, I still like to watch it anyway. Can't wait for the new season to start. It's still better than most shows out there....:)

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Flying Wild Alaska is on Discovery channel.

Brewman61

Ensign

Most reality shows that last more than a couple seasons become a victim of their success. The producers need to keep up interest in what tends to be the same thing over and over, so they encourage the cast to create some conflict. Seen it happen time and time again.

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most reality shows that last more than a couple seasons become a victim of their success. The producers need to keep up interest in what tends to be the same thing over and over, so they encourage the cast to create some conflict. Seen it happen time and time again.

Seems like Deadliest Catch would be compelling enough by itself...Rough guys doing a rough job...I know I would want to break someone off if I had to work 18 hours a day and live with them also...I don't think there is a added drama for tv's sake...:eek:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

My 7 year old got me into Deadliest Catch last year. Don't have much time for television, but I do like that show a lot. I'll be watching it again with my family this season... Looking forward to it.

Rest in Peace Captain Phil...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Oh, Crap! Who gives a rats *** at this point! The show is old a this point.