Daytona 500

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Daytona 500

waterinthefuel said:
I love it!
Me too. I didn't catch the NASCAR bug until '98, but I am hooked. I like the soap opera, the races, silly season, the whole deal. Just trying to figure out how to go this Sunday. I think the wife actually wants to. You think I should tell her the tickets are $25 and just do it? $500 for the whole family is pretty darn steep :% Wish I was in a motor home for the whole weekend. Truck, Busch and Cup 8)

Laddies

Banned

QC, I have been gone all morning so did not get back. Last night ESPN had a good replay so I record it and watch it. Your tread to 12 footer is basicly right at the time Martin got sideways Harvick past him and there were no car out of shape. Then Martian catchs him and at that time Busch get bumped and starts to lose it the rest is history. SO I BLEW THAT CALL --Bob

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

QC said:
What bugs me is that it leaves the door open for stevieray "wrastlin'" analogies. I already have to defend that comparison here often. The California wine and cheese crowd have not completely warmed up to NASCAR yet . . .

And, hopefully, they never will. Next thing you know, somebody set up stands around the country's most dangerous intersections so people can pay to watch for the crashes....and maybe see somebody get killed as a bonus. I just never saw the appeal in it. Sorry.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Laddies said:
With the new NASCAR rule it says that any wreck during the final 2 laps on a green,white,checkered automaticly freezes the field DW and the other NASCAR pimps have exponded that many other times during the same type of restarts. Thats whats killing NASCARs popularity. They contiuely change the rule to suit their pick of drivers. But alest this is better that politics--Done with this rant Bob

Well, half right.
Its only if the yellow flies on a green/white/checker, not "any wreck.
And NASCAR 's popularity is being killed?
Better check your ratings again.
It is the fastest growing spectator sport in America, and several other countries.

Now, about those photos.
If you throw the yellow when Busch spins out, Harvick wins.
Wait till Kenseth bounces across the track after he hit the wall, Martin wins.
That is, if the transponder antennae buried in the track, happen to be directly under the cars at the time. Otherwise, you have the video showing one thing, and the transponders showing another.

So, as it has been done MANY times in the past, Last lap accident behind the leaders, the leaders are allowed to race back to to line.

Do you really think Martin or Harvick would have lifted if the yellow was thrown? Get real.

Laddies

Banned

Apparently you have never raced stevie or you would not make statements like that. At 15 I was pitting for a stock car, better than running the streets. Having raced cars and boats the last thing a competitor wants is to see someone hurt or win as a gimmy from someone elses bad luck but we all have taken them, just as Harvick did. My sons have raced motor cycles and boats, if you go into the pits and see guys lend their best stuff from engines tires,props and etc. you would know that it not all winning its about competition

Laddies

Banned

Geez roscoe I admitted I was wrong 15 minutes before your post what do you want blood.
As for your remark about racing back to the flag. Thats been gone for 4 or 5 years so thanks for the help - Bob

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Laddies said:
Geez roscoe I admitted I was wrong 15 minutes before your post what do you want blood.
As for your remark about racing back to the flag. Thats been gone for 4 or 5 years so thanks for the help - Bob

Sorry, I hadn't read that far down the thread yet, I responded to the post I was reading.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Laddies said:
Apparently you have never raced stevie or you would not make statements like that. At 15 I was pitting for a stock car, better than running the streets. Having raced cars and boats the last thing a competitor wants is to see someone hurt or win as a gimmy from someone elses bad luck but we all have taken them, just as Harvick did. My sons have raced motor cycles and boats, if you go into the pits and see guys lend their best stuff from engines tires,props and etc. you would know that it not all winning its about competition

While no longer in the pissing contest myself I'll agree with Laddies here. My dad built cages and motors for stock cars when I was a kid. I pitted for a freind for 3-4 years till I had to have my own car. I raced 3 years till family obligations knocked me out of the game. I've lent MANY parts and borrowed just as many parts from fellow racers, esp. those in my same class. You take care of each other. Its better to beat them on the track than in the pits. You'd really be suprised how much comadrie is showed.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

By the way, 2003-

238096366_l.jpg

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Well,Its all over,the fat lady has been singing...
Lets go to Fontana!!

This was a good debate though!

Its going to be a long season....Takes me away from my boating time.....:/