Daytona 500 Kicks Off 2017 And Nothing Is Changed

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
ugh. guess i will start off the iFL series where i left off last year. i have Ragan and Jr and they have both crashed

I only have 2 drivers left and that's only because Harvick is still soldiering on. Sad.

GA_Boater

Will the last car running take the checkered flag, along with all the race and bonus points. What do we have, 2 or 3 undamaged cars?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I honestly don't remember the last time we had a Daytona 500 with so many rookies in it!

:facepalm:

64osby

Admiral
That last one was on Jamie Mac. Not a rookie, but driving like one :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Only 5 cars not damaged out of 40. But still 52 laps left, so that can be fixed!

GA_Boater

Retraction - I must clicked the Live Standings. :doh:

Still trying to figure out Nascar's leaderboard;

Two leaders? :confused: lb.PNG

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Shrubby Sr. wins after Elliott sucks fumes with 3 laps left.

jimmy dale is on top of the iFL leaderboard. Final results on Tuesday.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That was not the finish I was expecting! Wow, love to see Gibson, so excited!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
This race was a product of driver idiocy. McMurray caused 2 big wrecks. Others were caused by the whole group driving like it was a GWC...... They finally settled down and we actually saw racing. Being a plate race had little to do with what happened on the track..... Common sense never started the race.......

I believe this was the craziest 500 I've seen.......

64osby

Admiral
congrats to osby1....best of iboats entry. :usa2:

Just glad to beat TcS after last year. :watermelon::lol:

Was really hoping Chase would pull that out. :blue:

It's rigged I say rigged, a Monster driver wins the first Monster race.:rolleyes:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
I haven't watched Nascar in years. Tuned in to see how it would play out with the new rules. What a race! My favorite part was when after like the 5th wreck DW just said "oh good grief". Would have like to see Truex win. Didn't think he'd come as close as he did with a damaged car. Bummer for Elliot.

GA_Boater

Just glad to beat TcS after last year. :watermelon::lol:

Was really hoping Chase would pull that out. :blue:

It's rigged I say rigged, a Monster driver wins the first Monster race.:rolleyes:

Did you see where TcS finished? :evil:

Chase was my last driver not in deep doo.

I think this is the first time the series sponsor also sponsors a team. :spy:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not a fan of the segments at the moment. I'm trying to remain open-minded. I'm hoping it makes the 1 1/2 mile tracks more interesting to watch rather than the bore of the past. Maybe they won't be spread all around the track when there are points to be had per segment. But in a way, it seems that these segments are fuel mileage "like" events. Do we short pit? Do we stay out? Do we pit with 3 laps to go before the segment ends?

It appears on the surface that racing is even more so put in the chiefs hands instead of deciding it on the track. That I don't like, just like the mileage races. If one crew is quicker than another and they get their guy out of the box the quickest, then great. But I want to the race to be decided on the track and not on a bunch of guys computers. Yes, there will some of that, but it appears that the segments are making it more prevalent.....

Speaking of Chief, I hear Big Chief, Street Outlaws, is going back to a '70 Pontiac which contains a door from the one he wrecked. Probably the only thing that survived....