CV16 Question for Dhadley

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class
In one of my earlier post about props you mentioned about running the old motors high. My 100 Hp johnny is mounted on my CV 16 as low as it will go, The cavitation plate is about 1/4 " below the bottom. I want to raise the motor but I will have to drill one new hole on each side to do this because of the way the older style transom bracket mounts. Obviously I would like to do this only once. Given your knowledge of OMC motors on that hull, how high would you recommend that I go. I'm not after anything radical just a performance improvementwith the stock set up. I'm thinking up one hole which would put it 1/2 to 3/4" above the bottom.I will probably go with a raker but I would like to be able to use the stock OMC prop if I had to. Would I see enough of an improvement to make this worth the effort?<br />I value your knowledge and opinion. Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Russ In Texas

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: CV16 Question for Dhadley

Actually I wouldn't drill new holes at all. I'd consider getting a Bob's Machine manual jackplate. Assembled in the "close" version it only has 3 1/2" setback if youre tight on steering cable length. Or it can have 5" setback.<br /><br />Bolt the plate to the boat and then all your adjustments can be done with the plate in minutes. Even in the water. <br /><br />Excellent choice on props. Wish we had Rakers when we were a dealer for Glastron.<br /><br />Good luck and keep us informed!