Cross Reference Chart?

trimmers

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am unsure of my model number and year, but have the serial number. Is there a link someone can share that I can use? I know it's a 90 Looper Charged V-4 it says, and says 2000 OIS on it too. Thanks Dan

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cross Reference Chart?

The OIS ignition was on the 60* motors. Are you sure it's a 90* motor?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

serial numbers are not published, dealers have access.

trimmers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes, its a 4 cylinder! Don't think 60's come with 4 cyl! So no chart huh? That stinks.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

There are 60* V4 loopers and 90* V4 loopers. The crossflow V4s are 90* blocks. The only motors that have OIS ignition is a 60* motor, V4 or V6. If your motor has OIS ignition it's a 60* motor. Is your block a 90* or a 60*?

With the hood off, is the flywheel exposed or under a plastic cover?

trimmers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It is under a plastic cover. So your saying there is a 4 cyl 60 hp evinrude? I never heard of that, but I am not a seasoned motor guy either

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

No, I said there is a 60 degree -not hp - V4 with OIS ignition. You said you have a 90 degree V4 with OIS ignition. There isn't a 90 degree V4 with OIS ignition.

OK, you said the flywheel is under a plastic cover, that means you have a 60 degree V4 which is either a 90 hp or a 115 hp motor. Both do indeed have OIS ignition.

What are you trying to determine other than the actual horsepower rating?

trimmers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Actually, I only said a 90, never said degree! LOL, but who cares, I just need to know the yr and model. Its a V4, 90HP, that says 2000 OIS on it and says Looper. I see a serial number stamped on a freeze plate, was hoping for a chart.

Camo Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Call your local Dealer ........He can give you the model number if you give him the ser. number..............

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

OK, it's a 90 hp, 60 degree, V4 looper. We'll assume it has carbs.

Where the boat wiring mates to the motor wiring harness is there a large red plug?

trimmers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Large Red Plug?!?!?! I know my 175 has one, it is easy to see, but this 90 is so covered up by plastic and cowlings I have been looking but need to remove some of the plastic covers and such to see if it does infact have the plug. I have my OMC controls and wiring ready to plug in, if only i could find the plug!!! LOL. I'll let ya know as soon as I can see. Right now, there is a mess of wires comming out of the motor. Going to follow them into the motor and see.