Crestliner CEagle 2360 sst restoration

Cisco1987

Cadet
Hello guys:

Couple months ago I bought a boat, its a 1997 Crestliner CEagle 2360 sst with a hard top, my first aluminum boat. Bought it from a friend that was the original owner, came with Furuno electronics and ready to hit the water. I can tell you that I'm impress with how good handles the rough waters of the Santa Barbara channel here in southern California, and on following seas or moderate chop its a beast. Its dry by design and the hard top helps with the splashing when it gets nasty out there. All it needed was a paint job, but I decided to do a more detailed restoration, so I'm gonna rewire the whole system, change fuel sending units (two fuel tanks) , water proof fuel tanks, weld some stuff, replace all plywood and wood around the boat, and finish with a paint job.

There's no much in the web about this boats, and a really don't know why, they are good boats that are build like tanks, and still light. So I'm reaching out to this amazing community to help me go thru this restoration.
I just finish pulling the sole out, amazingly the plywood wasn't in bad shape, just a couple of wet spots, but no rot to be seen.
But there was something that caught my eye.... The foam layout. It doesn't seem "factory" made, but I could be wrong, having owned just fiberglass boats, I'm not familiar with the layout in "big" aluminum boats.

I'm gonna post a picture of it and hopefully you guys can tell me if it looks factory made or was put in there after.

I'll keep you guys updated with this project and I'm sure I'll be asking more questions. Hopefully there's other 2360's owner around that can share some info with me.

Update: it wont let me upload pictures from my phone. I'll try something else later.

Thanks

Cisco1987

Cadet
This is the foam under the deck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-20-16-06-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-20-16-06-38.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 1

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

We don't have many of the Crestliner cabin boats here on the forum, but I'd say that is a factory job. They usually do the minimum to meet CG requirements.

Cisco1987

Cadet
Great!!!! Well I guess now it comes down to start cleaning and painting the stringer and inside of the boat. I hope this thread helps future Eagle owners, since there's nothing much about this boats in the web.