crankshaft rebuilding

russthemuss

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi , Has anyone tried to change the bigend bearings in there 2 stroke engines? I know most people opt for an exchange but my resources in the phillipines are very limited and i have 2 1000cc suzuki daytonas and 6 770cc daytona jetskis in need of repairs.(would cost a small fortune to replace them all)Is it possable to align the crank with a gas torch,surface table ,v-blocks,dial gauge and a lot of patience? Has anyone tried to use outboard engine parts in there jetski's?ie pistons& bearings? The main bearings have a locating dowel ,is this system used in the outboards?<br />Has anyone with a daytona had trouble with the shafting ,coupling failing?<br />Any advice is much appreciated!!!

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: crankshaft rebuilding

I don't see why not. Split cranks are somewhat common on some motorcycles. Seems you have a pretty good understanding as to what needs to be done. Not sure if they use heat or just a press, and a hammer for tuning. You might want to see if you can locate ae engine machine shop that does motorcycle work.

russthemuss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! Still cant find anyone who has given it a go ! If i can do it ill let you know! :)

steve 2

Cadet

I have seen two tigersharks 1000 with problems, they both had water corrosion in bores and cranks,the problem seems to be at the exhaust elbow.when stripped the water ports are blocked and blow out the gasket,causing water to run back into the block,The crank does look like the pins can be replaced and parts are available, best of luck.