Cracked and soaked fiberglass motor mounts on Sea Ray 200cc

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Are you sure you don't have the same boat as me?? Looks like we are at the same place. Lol.

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are you sure you don't have the same boat as me?? Looks like we are at the same place. Lol.

Things are getting weird. Because of time difference maybe we are indeed fixing the same boat in the same god damn garage lol!

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
...and grind and grind some more :lemo:. One day u put down the grinder and realise theres no more to grind - for me that day is up there with the birth of my son, first kiss, birthdays and Christmases etc... :topsy_turvy:

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
...and grind and grind some more :lemo:. One day u put down the grinder and realise theres no more to grind - for me that day is up there with the birth of my son, first kiss, birthdays and Christmases etc... :topsy_turvy:

Hah I see. I hope to get the grinding done asap. I already hate that part of the project. I've done one 17ft wooden boat and that was already messy and hard job.

I think I need to buy some plywood next. Dont know how much I need yet, some measuring is required I think :)

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Baby powder will stop your pores up some and keep the itching down a bit. Might even help with smell.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Best thing I found to keep the itch at bay are tyvek suits. Though I wish I would have gotten the hooded ones. My hair has enough gray in it!!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
the way I got rid of itch every night was I took a extremely cold shower soaped up then went hot then back to cold again about 3 minutes apiece then soaked in hot bath then did cold once more and bam I had no itch when I went to sleep, tried the Tyvek suits they were great till it ripped and my ass was exposed :)

Baylinerchuck

Commander
the way I got rid of itch every night was I took a extremely cold shower soaped up then went hot then back to cold again about 3 minutes apiece then soaked in hot bath then did cold once more and bam I had no itch when I went to sleep, tried the Tyvek suits they were great till it ripped and my *** was exposed :)

Uh....I don't think your supposed to be in your birthday suit inside of the tyvek. 😳

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got pictures... when some cant get a good horrifying visualization :)

That was definitely enough lol.

150 days before its time to push the boat to the lake. Feels that its a lot of days but its not. A lot of things to do on the hull and on the tech as well. I have to replace all the elbows, lower shift cable, paint like crazy, nuts n bolts, maintenance the whole sterndrive, add my new upgrade to alpha one gen 1 (lube oil monitor

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
one thing at a time young Padawan .. :). piece of cake man just make you a list and a schedule and after its all done study it drink a cup of coffie then wipe your a.s.s with it and go to work :)

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

one thing at a time young Padawan .. :). piece of cake man just make you a list and a schedule and after its all done study it drink a cup of coffie then wipe your a.s.s with it and go to work :)

I hope you're right! :)

Today I got the boat prepped for the grinding!

Attachments

• photo256637.jpeg
    photo256637.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256638.jpg
    photo256638.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256639.jpg
    photo256639.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256640.jpg
    photo256640.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256641.jpg
    photo256641.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256642.jpg
    photo256642.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 0

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

First 2 hours of grinding behind. It was pretty much the same I was thinking before I started. I dont like it that much but its doable. All the PPEs are making it a lot worse but you just have to use them to protect your healthy. Its just like that. Grid 40 is awesome. It attacks the surface very well. Just be carefull when you go closer the hull. 2 vac system works very well (no dust in the garage at all). However the vac tool for the grinder is catching 0-100% of the dust. Its all about the angle and so on. On some angle it works perfectly and on the other it does nothing. I think about 50% of the dust was catched by the vac tool. Its enough to keep using it. My model can be turned "open" so I can modify it for better angles while I grind. I think some people would say its stupid to use it and some other would say its still nice to catch some of it. 2 vac system keeps the amount of dust in the boat at acceptable level. I will keep going like this. So the best is to go outside but IF its not possible, this keeps the dust somewhat in the control and no dust is going outside the boat into the garage (= Love it)!

Attachments

• photo256678.jpg
    photo256678.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256679.jpg
    photo256679.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 0

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I did most of my grinding outside, but there were a couple things I discovered that required grinding after I thought I was done. (Side comment: Few things are worse than having to pull out the grinder and Tyvek suit after you think you're done with them...)

Anyway, if you can grind in your garage and not get dust all over the place, you are doing something right! I wouldn't change a thing, if I were you.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Yeah I'm with JAS, it's inevitable there will be grinding once I'm done grinding, lol. That attachment might be worth the purchase for those last minute grinds. Nice job reviewing this attachment!! Nice progress btw.

ripazka

Petty Officer 1st Class
I will place some kind of test board next to my boat while I grind next time. The board hopefully shows the amount of dust in the garage while and after the grinding. I'm pretty sure it will be +- dust free.

Yesterday I just couldn't proceed with the grinding. My nose was a bit sore because of the respirator. Today it feels better, so I know what I'm doing after work :help:

Yesterday I used a good 90min to clean the garage. I moved the boat a bit and made me a place to cut stringers, transom wood etc. I collected all the tools that I used to cut the old deck. I organized all the nuts and bolts to one location (they were already in a specific boxes, marks on them where they were removed from). Looks a lot better now.

Last edited: