Couple of Aristo Crafts available in my Area

zool

Captain
Re: Couple of Aristo Crafts available in my Area

I like the louvered engine hatch on the 68....I like it alot actually.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

68' but it ain't worth the asking price. Maybe 1K IF the motor runs but even then ify. You KNOW what you're gunna put in it. That's a $4K boat, Motor, and Trailer...Easy!!!! But...A Classic!!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

68' but it ain't worth the asking price. Maybe 1K IF the motor runs but even then ify. You KNOW what you're gunna put in it. That's a $4K boat, Motor, and Trailer...Easy!!!! But...A Classic!!!!

Boat prices are stupid high around here, I guess because of our extended season and because we do have a lot of water makes people think they have gold instead of an old rotten boat... so those prices aren't unreasonable.

Yeah, I know what I'll be getting into pricewise, but hey! They are classics, and they don't make them like that anymore.

fishrdan

Admiral

Don't those 2 boats go against all that is right/wrong in the JnG way of thinking :confused:

#1 they are both I/O boats
#2 they are both fiberglass boats (I got itchy just looking at the pictures :D)

I'm not knocking either boat, just surprised you would consider them....

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Don't those 2 boats go against all that is right/wrong in the JnG way of thinking :confused:

#1 they are both I/O boats
#2 they are both fiberglass boats (I got itchy just looking at the pictures :D)

I'm not knocking either boat, just surprised you would consider them....

Yeah, the I/O is the least desirable feature for me, but it would probably be something I'd have to get used to... or maybe I could bastardize one of them and duct tape an outboard to it?:watermelon:

As for the f'glass, I've been kinda wanting to try my hand at it, if some of these other old farts can do it... it can't be that hard eh?!:laugh:

I wouldn't waste my time on just any ol' glass tub (read Bayliner), and for me to get itchy it's going to have to be something special... and I find the hardtop and lines on these 2 boats pretty gosh darn sexy!

fishrdan

Admiral

Yeah, doing glass work isn't bad.

Those do look like a couple classics, nice lines and the hard top is cool. $1500 is kind of steep unless the running gear is completely functional.

If I were to pull the trigger on one of them, I'd go for the 1973 Nineteen. Finding parts for the engine/drive will be much easier on a 73 Mercruiser, opposed to the 68. I wouldn't want to work on the tilt-trim system of that 68........

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The 73. Why - It's complete with all the plexi and top. The 68 is hammered interior wise.

Don't get too itchy, Grub. AC 9teens have so little wood in them. A small transom, wood for the seat frames, ski locker lid. fish box lid and a tiny piece in the bow. They really are a well built boat. I had a 71 for a long time and the boat was no problem. The Mercruiser, different story - but I messed that up through total ignorance.

jbcurt00

Staff member

1973 Creme & red... The louvered cover on the 68 is the ONLY thing I prefer over the 1973.

Maybe get them both for $1500
dunno.gif
and get all the parts & pieces of both to mix & match to get 1 great rebuildable boat. :D
3G33F13H35I35E55H6d5kaff50ef5a3561681.jpg

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander

Reminds me of a larger version of this Superglas that really caught my eye on the local CL:

3Id3Mb3Jc5I15O25E9d56f8a43d1de9201814.jpg

1959 15' Superglas

Super cool boats. I like the '73.

Attachments

• 3Id3Mb3Jc5I15O25E9d56f8a43d1de9201814.jpg
    3Id3Mb3Jc5I15O25E9d56f8a43d1de9201814.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 75 Nineteen, great boat. Check out the Aristocraft forum.

jandd7

Cadet

I have two 1972 Nineteens that I bought off of individuals. The first one (120hp)was in Birmingham and I paid $500 for it and paid about $500 to a mechanic to reattach foot, change fluids, install kill switch, and replace shift cable. Everything else is cosmetic and is still a work in progress but runs great and gets comments every time I am out on it. Last week I purchased another 1972 Ninereen (140hp), sight unseen, from and individual in Huntsville for $350. I figured for that price it could be a donor boat to rob from to finish my boat. When I picked it up I decided it was in such good shape I will likely fix it up too.

I guess price always comes down to what you are willing to pay and what they are willing to sell it for. When shopping for my first car many years ago my dad said, "They will let you pay too much but they will never sell it to you for too little." I buy and sell a lot of stuff on Craigslist in the Birmingham area and my first offer is usually about half of what they are asking. It cost a lot to rehab a 40+ year old boat and if you are doing it to make money it would be tough to do with a $1500 aquisition cost. If you are doing it out of passion and fun it is a blast!

I will likely be out on Logan Martin some this weekend if you want to come check mine out and go for a ride. I guarantee you will be hooked!!!