Convert US Marine control cables to Mercury

I just bought a 1988 Avenger boat without motor. The boat is outfitted with a US Marine (Chrysler) control box and cables. I have changed cable motor ends before, but can't find the right combination of terms to see if there is a set of cable ends to convert the controls to a Mercury (1979 Gen 1) 70 hp outboard. I'm sure I can convert the electronic cabling to Mercury with schematics for both and connecting the US Marine wires to my Mercury cable. The Mercury set is too short, so I'd have to patch the electronic cable to length even if I stay with the Mercury box. I'd also have to replace the control cables because they are short and disintegrating, so if I can convert the US Marine box I'll be money ahead.

I've done this with an Evinrude and also a Mercruiser before, so I know it can be done with the right parts. Problem is I don't know if the parts are made and I can't come up with the right search terms to find what I want (if it is made), lots of tries but I keep getting the wrong results.

I'd appreciate any help the forum members can provide.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Convert US Marine control cables to Mercury

Just get the correct cables for the Mercury box. Save you many headaches....