College Football 2016

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I don't know what MSU's deal is.......
They just aren't as good as what the early polls indicated. There are a lot of teams in the same situation. Take Texas. Everyone thought they were good after beating a Notre Dame team that is also not very good. They shouldn't even have polls for the for the first 5 weeks.

aspeck

Staff member
I agree with Bruce about no polls for the first 4 or 5 weeks.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
I agree with Bruce about no polls for the first 4 or 5 weeks.

No matter how ya slice it or dice it...it would not make a difference....how many teams play Nobody in the first 4-6 weeks...? Not to mention alot of teams play less games then others. There is not and will never be an "equal" playing field for all teams. They can continue to make changes to the system as teams/people complain...but who has a better system...?

If we waited to week 4 or 5...nothing would change...there would still be complaints...not to mention...teams that should be at the upper end of the spectrum chould get caught behind teams that have a weak early season with no chance to make the playoff system.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Well...they actually do wait before they release the College Football Playoff rankings.

My point is that we think a team is good or bad by what ranked team they beat in the first few weeks. Doesn't matter until everyone gets 4 or 5 games under their belt and it doesn't really even matter then. I gave an example of Texas beating highly ranked Notre Dame when it turns out beating Notre Dame who was over ranked(as usual).

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That's why they play the games ... It will all shake out in the end ... But there will always be some teams that should be ranked higher or lower than they should be .. Can't fight city hall LOL !

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, the guy is a flopper.....

MSU........ Pfffftttttt..........

MI, really?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What's a flopper?

You touch the guy and he "flops" on the ground like he was just drilled...... An actor...... :)

Or, any PSU player....... :eek::behindsofa::fear::fencing::yield:

sam60

Captain
I wouldn't want to get hit like that. Flop would be real and possibly permanent...Kicker must have P'ed him off..?? !!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
He's p'ed a lot of people off by taking shots at players when running down the field after a kick...