Cleveland Browns

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I am a huge fan and after yesterday vs the panthers, I have one thing to say. Julius Peppers, what a monster. He has to be amongst the top 2 defensive players in the NFL.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Cleveland Browns

Am a fan also......don't ask my why, must be a glutton for punishment................could be worse,…………………….. could be a Cubs fan. As far as JP, at times I thought, man it's like he's playing in fast forward and everyone else is in real time.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

I am not alone on this forum!!!

It takes a real man to say they are a Browns fan...:D

AK Chappy

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Although I no longer live there, I was born and raised in Fremont, OH. Not too far from Cleveland.

As far as being a fan, I can't help it.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

CJY said:
Although I no longer live there, I was born and raised in Fremont, OH. Not too far from Cleveland.

Same here lived on the far east side (Chagrin Falls) for 18+ years. Became a Browns fan then, and can't seem to break the habit. Went as far as joining the Browns Backers when we moved south. Well up until the whole pull out, Model scurrying off under the cover of darkness likr the rat he was. I guess I’m hooked for life.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Limited-Time said:
CJY said:

Went as far as joining the Browns Backers when we moved south. Well up until the whole pull out, Model scurrying off under the cover of darkness likr the rat he was. I guess I’m hooked for life.

I hear both of you.
I was born and raised 5 miles outside of Galion.

Been a member of the Browns Backers since 1995. I can't speak my thoughts of Model in public. :devil: :devil:

Once the Browns get in your blood, they are in there for life!!

AK Chappy

Pony

Rear Admiral

I have a feeling that the Cleveland fan base shares many qualities with that of Green Bay's....................its in your blood win or lose.

Hopefully both of our teams will start improving sometime soon.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Every year, I think, "this is the year we make a break through." Every year about mid-season I begin to hope for a good draft slot.

We are used to that. I remember the 2-12(before 16 game seasons) seasons with Mike Phipps, Jerry Sherck, Ambrose, Pruitt, Dieken, Baab, Babich, and all the rest from the 70's. Those were the good times, even though we got our butts kicked regularly. I remember Turkey Joe Jones dumping Bradshaw on the back of his head like I just saw it yesterday. I'm glad he was not too seriously hurt, but that is what he gets for playing for the steelers!

Sooner or later the the glory days will return. Where is Kosar, Ozzie, Dixon, Minnifield, slaughter, Mack and Byner when you need them. Shoot, right now I would take Brian Sipe. It was alot of fun watching those guys play. Some day.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

CJY said:

:devil::devil::devil:

Never!!!
He cost us a berth in the Super Bowl. I still hold a grudge against him.

I did get to meet Matt Bahr one time though.

AK Chappy

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Byner fumbled, but he also brought them back into that game giving them a chance at winning. Sure, it was a bitter loss, but I would take him and the guts he showed every time he had the ball in his hands.

moeMC

Cadet

ANOTHER MOVE TODAY , WITH OFFENCIVE CO. GONE , ... WELL... lets see what happens . unlike you guys (not yunz) I still live in Cleve . area Olmsted Twp. still hoping EVERY Sunday

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It was time for Mo to move on. It was not working. If they finish 10 and 0, they will be 11-5 and have a shot for the post-season. Wonder what the odds-makers are giving them about right now.