chrysler valiant

arsenalpsu

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1964 Chrysler Valiant with a 55hp on her. I was wondering if you guys could look at the below pics and let me know where you think I should attached a trolling motor? Thanks

Attachments

• boat pic 1.JPG
    boat pic 1.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • boat pic 2.JPG
    boat pic 2.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 0

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: chrysler valiant

Not an expert but::
They say a bow mount gives better control but you probably need a long shaft and remote foot steering.
Can't see if there is room on the transom but a long shaft tiller steer would be easier to reach.and cheaper than with a remote setup.There are setups that mount on the lower leg of the motor.

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class

used to have the same exact boat. no room on transom, turning of the main outboard will hit the troller no matter how you tilt it. Off the bow is the only answer - really expensive. Or mount it on the side like I did. OK silly looking, but really, it worked - my shaft was low enough to clear the side of the boat, and when not in use I just tilt and extend into the cockpit. $130 minn kota from wally world.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

AND---Go over to The Chrysler Crew, join, scroll down, click on question mark, scroll left to photos, and post a couple of photos of that little gem.

BTW: That was soon after Chrysler bought Lone Star Boats. I don't know how high the qiality was under Lone Star, but under Chrysler, they were excellent hulls. Tough, reliable, and able to handle bigger water than the hull size would make you think. There is quite a cadre of Chrysler engine and boat enthusiasts who restore them and run them at the Chrysler Nats every year.
Since it is in the midwest, over 1000 miles for me, I will wait until I retire to attend them with my Chryslers.

arsenalpsu

Petty Officer 1st Class

Steve, when you had your troller attached to the side where was it attached to the boat?

huskerdaninva

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just wanted to say that you have a sharp little boat there. I have a 1969 Valiant w/ 70 hp Chrysler... all original. Just got the motor to fire recently, so I've got a little work yet to do on her. Good luck with your's! :)