Chrysler Bling

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class
After rebuilding my 125 Force and mounting on the back of my freshly restored Checkmate, I decided the hood needed a little something to dress it up. It kind of looked like a refrigerator hanging on the back of my boat. I decided to use the same script that is on my 2000 Town and Country. It wasn't cheap, at $40 a pop, but I'm happy with the investment. Here is a look see. I know, I know, it's not a mermaid, but I think it works OK. I'm just waiting on my T&T valve assembly to come home from Dr. Ritt and then.... the long wait till spring. Cheers to all, Happy New Year.

IMG_5699.JPGIMG_5701.JPG

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Chrysler Bling

That definetely classes it up. Great Idea!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Nice paint job. I never used those letters because I am tighter than a crabs ---hole, I won't buy them, and they just don't come off junk cars without damage.

Well, Your hood is ok--- but it still needs a woman of some kind on it--Classy, not Trashy.

ALTHOUGH: If you remember a southern country group from about 20 years ago, Confederate Railroad " I Like My Women Just a Little on the Trashy Side" Tremendous hit song. Look it up.

When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed. Too much lipstick, too much rough, gets me excited and a little confused. Yeah I iike my women just a little on the trashy side.

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I see your point Frank. I too have a penchant for ladies that have spent a bit of time on the other side of the tracks, so to speak. Though, my design philosophy is, if I resist putting their image on the boat maybe they will be more likely to get in the boat. I'll let you know how this works out. ;)

Boatdoc58

Seaman

I DO have a pile of original Chrysler engine cover decals. But his job does look sharp.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander

sweet looking ! What kind of speed are you getting on your boat ?

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

sweet looking ! What kind of speed are you getting on your boat ?

I only have six hours on my rebuild, and only pushed it past 3500 rpm for brief bursts. Is it spring yet? :blue: I don't have a working speedometer; hoping to get a handheld gps for next season.

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey what HP is your motor if you don't mind me asking :p , is the cowl painted in a two pack, looking good, I still have good stickers on mine but the paint around it is scratched and I was thinking of masking it or getting it pro done.

Last edited:

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used parts from three different 125s. The hood is off a 1986. I should mention that I had to make repairs on all of the plastic pieces. I used epoxy and mat on the back sides, epoxy and cabosil to build up new screw holes, and a bit of bondo on the face. Here are a couple more pics.

IMG_4962.jpgIMG_4964.jpgIMG_5522.jpgIMG_5526.jpg