chrysler 20 hp tiller problem

dungbeetle46

Seaman Apprentice
Have just bought a 1973 202HE Chrysler 20 hp that was setup for forward controls, I want to put it back to tiller handle, I have the handle with a single rod running through it to end of handle on outside of motor, the problem is the connection from handle to to throttle linkage inside the motor cover is missing, has anyone got a diagram of the parts from handle to throttle linkage so I can see what parts I am missing.
Thanks

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: chrysler 20 hp tiller problem

I don't have a diagram but basically you need two ball end gears to connect the handle to the engine compartment shaft, a bent shaft to go into the engine compartment, two nylon bushings for the shaft, a steel link connecting the shaft end to the throttle link, two special screws to connect the tiller to the engine, and I think a couple of roll pins.

If your tiller already has the gear attached, then you know what I mean by ball end gear. Two of the same are necessary.

See my private message to you.

TexAcoon

Cadet
Re: chrysler 20 hp tiller problem

I don't have a diagram but basically you need two ball end gears to connect the handle to the engine compartment shaft, a bent shaft to go into the engine compartment, two nylon bushings for the shaft, a steel link connecting the shaft end to the throttle link, two special screws to connect the tiller to the engine, and I think a couple of roll pins.

If your tiller already has the gear attached, then you know what I mean by ball end gear. Two of the same are necessary.

See my private message to you.

If these are the same gears that work from the handle to the engine throttle .. Looks like I need a set for my 1975 202HG .. Where can you find a set at?

Doug