Choke Solenoid?

itcowboy

Cadet
Probably a stupid question but i always heard the only stupid question is the one not asked so here goes. Motor is 1985 150HP Evinrude E150STLCOH. Picture is attached of what I assume is the choke solenoid. Clymer manual doesn't seem to show one with the little red lever. I'm assuming the lever is to manually move the choke, if necessary? So is it set correctly in the picture? It rotates from far left where it is in picture, counter clockwise to about the same level on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0

ob

Admiral
Re: Choke Solenoid?

What's pictured there is a fuel primer solenoid valve.When the key is pushed in it activates the electric solenoid coil and opens the valve allowing fuel to flow into the intake chamber bypassing the carbs.The red lever is simply a manual opening and shutting valve in the event the electric solenoid fails.Seated all the way clockwise is closed(normal run position)and all the way counterclockwise is open.The valve has a constant fuel source to it while the engine is running ,so it is important to insure that it is seated all the way clockwise when running.Otherwise the engine will flood.