check out this Capri - - really cool paintjob!

rondi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i-2.jpg

i-3.jpg

i-5.jpg

rondi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: check out this Capri - - really cool paintjob!

found it on the Recycler website for sale - totally restored.
the guy is asking,,,,,,,,ahummmm (choke) $22,000 - - good luck
icon6.gif

Bigprairie1

Commander

....that is sweet. Really brings the look of the boat up to date w/ the tower and all.
My Capri is very similar in year/style....but outboard. Still, if it could be done on a reasonable budget it would be good update to do to a boat.
His asking price....well, he's dreaming I think. However, if it looks good...and it does....and it runs good....and he's patient, he'll probably find a buyer. They are out there.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

That's what I love about our hull design, It will all way's have that sleak look that will never be unmodern nomatter what we do to it:) , I have been wondering what to do with ours, Thanks for the pics. you confirmed that it can be done. Thanks>>>Pat ps: I would love to know what paint he used.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Alright Thanks man, I was telling my wife 6 months ago that I wanted to put a tower on ours, I still have alot of work ahead of me to get it in THAT condition, so what, I wasn't ever planning on selling her, so I have the time.

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe the paint used was "Imron", a DuPont polyurethane product, frequently mis pronounced and mis spelled.:p

The boat looks sweet, but what this person does not know is you ain't gonna get what you spent on it back out of it.

I painted my Glasspar with DuPont's Ful-Thane, basically a generic Imron. I painted my buddies 1970 Caravelle 16' IO with Imron in Chrome yellow color about fifteen years ago. Unfortunately no pics. THe boat is rotting away in a trailer park in the Fl Keys with a dead outdrive, but he said it still shines!

Bigprairie1

Commander

....yeah, I think I'm going to save a couple of those photos to my archive. That makes the capri look smokin'. Now, if I only had the mercruiser i/o option....hmmm.
Your right Wavenbye....it is still a very good looking boat after 15+ years, still up to date.
I very recently spotted one for sale w/ either the 4.3 or 5.0 option that I'm currently thinkin' on.
I could probably get it for something close to $5-6K. As well, I saw a really nice one up in Idaho for sale for $7k (4.3litre...92/93yr). That was a bit more than I where I would want to go.
Then the paint...the wake tower..wait a second, am I getting ahead of myself?

snowthrower

Seaman Apprentice

WO, wish mine looked like that.

I want that swim deck on the back would make putting the board on way easier.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

That boat is owned by a guy who has a shop right next to my old shop. i saw it and it looks great. the price though is very unreasonable. Its still a 1990 boat and its only gonna be worth so much. I personally make my boats the way i like them. I dotn think he will find a buyer no matter how long he waits. Hes jsut being greedy because its summer time and thinks some fool will come runing with cash. he may find someone but its doubtful
Rob