changing impellar 115 jonson

dry dock

Seaman Apprentice
im trying to drop the drive on a 1995 115 jonson have all the bolts off shift in forward , am i missing somthing? i normally work on alpha 1 mine. still hanging up.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: changing impellar 115 jonson

You need to disconnect the shift rod from under the carburetors.

Total of seven screws from underneath including the one holding the trim tab and one hiding above it.

I believe your disconnect is the type that you pull the clip from the starboard side, than push the lever towards the port side. It's similar to the thumbnail.

Attachments

• shift rod with clip.JPG
    shift rod with clip.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 0

dry dock

Seaman Apprentice

thanks ezeke for the info this is a great site.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

what model do you have?

i have an Ocean Runner 1995 115..it is a 60 degree block with OIS ignition, they also made a 115 cross flow 90 degree block

on my 115 you pull a pin and push a rod in... and that takes the connection off the shift rod...you dont need to loosen any bolts!!!!!!!!!!

and you should have it in reverse i think..( the book recomends either forward or reverse, cant remember now) I think it is just easier to see whats going on...the shift rod rises for better viewing...

but you dont have to unbolt any bolts or nuts!!!

i just looked at the evinrude site and believe it or not I cant find it on any of their schematics

but just in case you have a 60 degree motor..it is different than ezekes example... ( even though the action he says, is correct)

If you have the 60 degree motor and cant figure it out, ill take a picture of the page in the book I have at work

bob