Cedar Strip Canoe

sparticus

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Has anyone here ever built your own cedar strip canoe? Looking for good realiable plans to make the molds. Have been wanting to build one for quite some time. Thanks!

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Cedar Strip Canoe

I've seen them being built and after completion, there's not much any prettier on the water. Maybe some plans on-line somewhere?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I had a great set of plans that I got out of a handymans magazine years ago, Sparticus. Someone on here asked about them and I sent them to him. That was years ago, too (before arranging private transactions was forbidden).

You might be able to find him by doing a SEARCH, but I would bet you would have better luck on Google

sparticus

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys! Am hoping for someone who had done one and had some recommendations for plans. I have found a TON online in the past few months for every size imaginable, hoping to narrow it down a bit.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Chesapeake light craft and Pygmy boats both have kits and plans. As far as I know they have beeen around for a long time and have good reputations. Those are beautiful boats but they wouldn't hold up for me because I'm a whitewater paddler.

goboating

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live in South Carolina. there is a company called Gator boats. Their site is www.gatorboats.com. Check out their owners pics section. Alot of great ideas there.