Casting Number 25HP Johnson

missotis

Cadet
I need to replace the pilot shaft on my J25RLCNB motor. The part is no longer available from BRP but I have found a used parts dealer that says he can help me. He said he needs the six digit casting number. Where on the motor will I find this number. Thanks in advance

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Casting Number 25HP Johnson

I need to replace the pilot shaft on my J25RLCNB motor. The part is no longer available from BRP but I have found a used parts dealer that says he can help me. He said he needs the six digit casting number. Where on the motor will I find this number. Thanks in advance

He is talking about the number that is molded into the pilot shaft that you are replacing. In other words, he has a pile of shafts but doesn't know which one fits. Not all parts have a casting number that you can see. Furthermore, the casting number is the number for the part as it came out of the mold. That number changes to the final part number after the part is machined into a finished part. One particular casting design might be finished into more than one final part. That's why casting numbers are unreliable.