carburator flooding help please

bolo789

Petty Officer 1st Class
hello again fellows, iam here again to help a hard head friend again.<br /><br />boat is a 1978 tiara 255 gm 350 <br /><br />first when he got the boat he has no carb problem.<br /><br />start and runs just fine, so over the winter he change the fuel pump, last week we put the boat in the water. and as i start up the carb just keep flooding real bad.<br /><br />he took that one of and install his back up carb. it flood a littlev then stop.<br /><br />we took it for a test run and it gets on plane but it kinda has a little bog,<br /><br />we notice when at idle only one needle was dripping gas. so he went and bought a rebuilt carb. install it and it is doing the same darn thing flooding like crazy.<br /><br />i am thinking it has to be the the fuel pump he install, maybe it is pumping too much gas, i meant too high a pressure.<br /><br />the old pump he took of he still has it and there was nothing wrong with it, so you think we should install it back and see if the new on is pumping too high ?? <br /><br />thanks for any input on this, iam taking back the newly rebuilt one in the morning but i dought its the carb. just helping a friend here thanks.

bolo789

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: carburator flooding help please

foget to mention when the newly rebuilt did not work. i install the one that was only dripping gas from one needle at idle. first it start flooding then we hit it a little and it stop. when we took it for a test run it just bogg down and wouldnt take the rev, then back fire, so we head back to the dock. so guys this is three carbs, we go through here, all rochester fouf barrel