carbs dripping gas

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Primer bulb installed backwards will cause issues, theres normally an arrow on them indicating fuel direction.
Time for another test run?
If it isnt fixed try priming the bulb (or a helper doing that) when you hit the throttle in case its a worn fuel pump

PensacolaJason

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, I should clarify what I meant by changing the direction of the primer bub. The bulb has always been installed in the correct direction, with the arrow pointing toward the direction of the motor. What I meant was that I was advised when priming to hold the bulb vertically with the arrow pointing up to help gas flow better. I usually hold the bulb horizontal.

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class
this maybe just me... but dont all carbs leak when they are tilted up thru the float bowl breather hole? regardless, I highly recommend you buy a new primer bulb, and then check your floats, as silly as it sounds, i believe they are upside down! now when you install the new primer bulb( pump it with that arrow pointed up) when it doesn't get hard figure out where the leak is, im guessing vro pump diaphram. also check your fuel lines and the little plastic fuel manifold/tees.