carb linkage on 1988 Suzie dt85

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was looking at my Seloc manual that I ordered from this site and it shows the vertical linkage that attaches to all three carb valves toward the back of the carbs. My motor has this linkage toward the front of the carbs. This is an engine I bought used and was wondering if the attachment levers had been removed and put on 180* off or is the manual incorrect? When I looked at this it looked to me that if I flipped the levers according to the manual the linkage would rub against the choke solenoid but I didn't change anything to see. If I adjust the throttle linkage to 5.7" according to the manual it is at least an 1/2 - 3/4" too short to connect so that the stopper hits like it's supposed to. So my question is, " does the linkage run on the toward front side or back side of the carbs on this motor. Is there a site where I could view the correct setting? Is the manual wrong?" This all stems because I am not getting the standard rpms that I should be at wot. I have the correct 131/2" x 15" prop for this motor and boat and I am only getting about 4500 rpms not the 5500 recommended at wot The motor runs great but just lacks that top end power like I am only getting 3/4 throttle. Could this be why? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Central Bears

Seaman Apprentice
Re: carb linkage on 1988 Suzie dt85

on this set-up the control lever or throttle arm at full throttle should be touching the stopper.you can adjust the throttle lever rod by turning the ends in or out.the levers on 1 and 3 carb should be pointing down when carbs are closed.My printer is down or I would send you pictures.hopefully it will be up anyday.Coach!

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: carb linkage on 1988 Suzie dt85

Thanks centralbear, I should have gotten a manual just on this motor alone and not a generic for several models. I don't think the linkage connectors that open and close the carbs were put back together correctly by whoever worked on it before. I believe they are 180* off. When the throttle is wot they are at the 5:30ish oclock position and at idle they are at the 1:00 position. According to the manual that isn't right. If anyone knows a site where I could get a breakdown of these connectors it would really be appreciated. I can't do a link and sync until I know they are correct. Thanks.