carb kit

buzo

Seaman Apprentice
1989 vro evinrude 110<br />ok i got the new carb kit, i got the carbs off, how much disassembly of the carb is necessary. its not gummed up , but the kit came with float ,float valve and brass seat valve,gaskets and several o-rings ....i cant seem to see where the o-rings are need ....unless i take apart the butterfly assembly. <br /><br />i can replace the parts i see.., but the o-rings i dont see where they go? thanks

buzo

Seaman Apprentice
Re: carb kit

a single kit has...2 1/4 inch red plastic pieces , 4 - 1/4 inch o-rings , 2 - 1/4 inch gasket rings , 2- 5/16 gasket rings ... the rest of the kit i can figure out....and that damn clymers....i dont need to tell you =)

buzo

Seaman Apprentice

none the less... i replaced all that i could see, and it runs better...but i still dont know why i have extra parts ..??? thanks for the feed back though = )

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Buzo, What were the parts that you did not use?

buzo

Seaman Apprentice

there were 2 red plastic things , 4 small orings,2 1/4 inch gasket like orings,2 5/16 inch gasket like orings left over....i just used the float,float needle valve and brass seat (with plastic oring), and orings that are used for the sides of the float bowls...(2 on each carb)....i guess this is just a generic kit that is for all types.....ill take some pistures if you would like....and if were alowd to post them.. =)