Capacity tags?

Gunboy

Cadet
Bought a 96' Fisher SV18 DC , in excellent shape , but it has no coast guard capacity tag on it. It being pre-Tracker , and Brunswick says they can't help me but to call Tracker. I'm stuck on where to go. I even found a 97' for sale in Illinois , but the dealer won't photograph the tag for me. Any ideas peoples?

emoney

Commander
Re: Capacity tags?

Tried contacting your local Coast Guard office?

huntin dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The manufacturer should help you. I have a '73 Smoker Craft that had no tag. Smoker made one and sent it to me.

HD

1ArmBandit

Seaman

as soon as u put OR on ur boat, dnr will stop u and tell u how many ppl ur boat can haul...i got a letter in the mail from em telling me to put a 4 on my last boat....1 of the reasons i got a bigger boat..

Gunboy

Cadet

as soon as u put OR on ur boat, dnr will stop u and tell u how many ppl ur boat can haul...i got a letter in the mail from em telling me to put a 4 on my last boat....1 of the reasons i got a bigger boat..

Thanks , but DNR said they wouldn't even ask , unless I was on Lake Michigan. The manufacturer was bought out by Tracker , and says they cannot help. Tracker won't even acknowledge my inquiry. I think my only recourse is to hope someone that actually owns a SV18 DC , reads this and can send me a photo of the tag?

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Thanks , but DNR said they wouldn't even ask , unless I was on Lake Michigan. The manufacturer was bought out by Tracker , and says they cannot help. Tracker won't even acknowledge my inquiry. I think my only recourse is to hope someone that actually owns a SV18 DC , reads this and can send me a photo of the tag?

You don't need a pic of the actual tag. The company listed above just needs the info and will print one up for you. Worst case, go find a similar boat and use that info.

Bigger question is, do you even need a tag? Check your local laws regarding it, a tag is often not legally required.

Gunboy

Cadet

Thanks guys! Actually , that dealer in Ill. called me back , and gave me the info from the tag. I'll send that to "Garzon" , and have a tag made up.