Cant find this tool anywhere need some help

Smokepole27

Petty Officer 2nd Class
c-91-78729 its a spanner wrench for my lower unit, my prop shaft is bent and I cant find this tool anywhere any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: Cant find this tool anywhere need some help

1. Please send engine model and year.
2. Send a picture or what it?s needed for.
3. I feel there is an alternative if the wrench is not found. JOW

Smokepole27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its a 1987 mariner 30hp,jap made. I get more responses on the force forum than the mariner! The prop shaft is held in with a spanner nut and Ive had to do one alternate before and that was drilling and breaking the nut out and replace it with a new and tap it in with 2 people with 2 punches symotaniously

chum1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Smokey, here is a pic of what the mariner tool looks like, i thought i had this one in my stash of tools to take measurements but its not there, this ones a tough one to find

033.JPG

Smokepole27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats exactly what my book shows! Yup very hard to find, I found a thread on a different sight where a guy used a 3 inch conduit and a jig saw and cut out teeth and made that work, im not to sure that would work on mine, I have looked everywhere for a wrench that would work but no luck and my bent prop shaft is eating my bearing and new gear up!!

Haffiman

Commander

It is originally a Yamaha tool.

Smokepole27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your absolutly correct, yamaha built this motor in japan before buying the patent or so I was told... Now the tough part is finding a place or someone that has it so I can either borrow or buy. Probably buy if its not too expensive so I shall have it future refrence for when this happens again, I know itll happen again due to the river I go up... Once hunting season is over, tunnel hull project here I go, thats the best part of fiberglass!!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Did you try the Yamahaha dealer? They should be able to get it for you.J