cant find pl9000- any substitutes

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok it was recommended to me and sounds much easier to bond with adhesive instead of pb, i have found pl products no pl9000, is pl premium the same stuff? the tube states three times the adhesion of regular adhesive and is indoor/outdoor rated. it states it is a polyurethane adhesive. basically am i just looking for a polyurethane adhesive that is indoor/outdoor rated?
And how much do i use am very generous where it squeezes out the sides or what?

Last edited:

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: cant find pl9000- any substitutes

ok it was recommended to me and sounds much easier to bond with adhesive instead of pb, i have found pl products no pl9000, is pl premium the same stuff? the tube states three times the adhesion of regular adhesive and is indoor/outdoor rated. it states it is a polyurethane adhesive. basically am i just looking for a polyurethane adhesive that is indoor/outdoor rated?
And how much do i use am very generous where it squeezes out the sides or what?

I used PL 400 and 375...worked excellent for me and its some very strong adhesive. The PL Premium was twice as much. I think its overkill. However, I did grab some Liquid Nails one time at HD because they didn't have any of the stuff I wanted...I didn't like it nearly as much as the PL.