Cant center boat on trailer

Florida

Seaman
I cannot center the boat on the trailer without the boat?s strakes resting dead center on the bunks. The trailer?s predrilled bunk bracket holes are positioned in such a way that the boat?s strakes will always be centered on the bunks. I don?t like this because the boat slides off center while being towed and puts more weight on one wheel of the trailer. I?ve had the boat actually lean over fall off in the dirt parking lot.
Any ideas as to what is going on here?
strakes.jpg

Jerryh3

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Cant center boat on trailer

Drill new holes where you need them.

Florida

Seaman

Thanks for the advice. I went to Lowes, Homedepot and tractor supply looking for U bolts. None had any that fit the 3.25 x 1.5 trailer frame. I wonder if a trailer store would have them.

brezmer

Cadet

try an auto parts store. most "lowering/lift" suspension kits for smaller trucks use the same size u bolts...

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree with Jerry here... Should take just a few minutes..

Try Easternmarine.com. They sell trailers and supplies. I need to see a side picture to know what your problem is. I don't get the U Bolt thing. maybe you should try one of those ratchet belts..Wrap it around the boat hook it to the trailer. Where can it go then.I had one on a twenty one foot bow rider and it worked great.