Canceling DISH account....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm finding it virtually impossible. I've tried 6 different numbers and it brings me to the same recording. What's the secret?

flashback

Captain
They don't make it easy do they! Guess you could stop paying the bill but that shouldn't be how it's done..

alldodge

Staff member
Dang, might suggest contacting you state consumer protection, attorney generals office. Soon as I get broad band I'm cancelling dish also

FLATHEAD

Captain
Seems to be the norm for most TV/ internet providers. Nothing insults your intelligence more than having to talk to a recorded voice.

alldodge

Staff member
Wonder if it is a weekend thing. They may not be required to work that area on weekends

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The recorded voice is no help. Been on hold for 33 minutes...
Alldodge, good luck. Search online about cancelling.... It's like there is no way to cancel. If a person stops paying there goes the credit rating. In this case my dad is on the bill. He passed away 4yrs ago....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Finally got thru after being on hold for 40mins. Guarantee they hope people hang up. Talked to a guy who couldn't speak English. The recorded office racket in the background was way too loud... Don't have to return equipment, thank goodness!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Coat the system in honey and sugar and FEED it to the Bears!!! ;)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I know a lot about this from an employee perspective. Should say former as i became old and expensive....

Sorry i didnt see this thread earleir.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Interesting thread, at the camp in ADK subscribers passed, other service became available a few years ago, ripped-out dish and lines just last year. To the transfer station they went (hopefully no bears were harmed). Now to go up on the woodshed and rip that dish out before it causes trouble (and I don't like looking at it). Impressed you got the person to slow down enough, (AND you could understand that person on the phone)

stresspoint

Ensign
call up the number to set up a new account then when you get through tell them its to cancel the one you have ,telcos love new customers :).