Can you tell me what should be here?

Phil Lemoine

Cadet
i have a 91 northwood with a bow mount trolling motor. im running 2 seperate 12 volt batteries and i believe that this is to disconnect one so i dont drain my starting battery and also to allow it to charge the trolling motor battery while running the motor. does anyone know whats supposed to be here or how its supposed to be wired up? there is also another plug in up front that i dont know what its for.....any ideas?

thanks a in advance

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Can you tell me what should be here?

I'd say ..... a very small 8-track tape player.

wildspeed

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the plug looks like one from a fishfinder

bear_69cuda

Commander

Looks like transducer plug for bow mount trolling motor. Lots of fishing boats have depth/fish finder at the bow. More than likey the PO removed the unit.

Phil Lemoine

Cadet

Looks like transducer plug for bow mount trolling motor. Lots of fishing boats have depth/fish finder at the bow. More than likey the PO removed the unit.

i will have to check the back of the fishfinder to see it thats the same plug in. thanks for the reply as it seems a little more logical then an 8 track player lol

anyone else have any ideas on the "charge" or "run" switch?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The panel you show used to have a toggle switch in the left hole and an accessory (cigarette-style) outlet on the right. Many boat manufacturers back then used a variety of different 12 and 24 volt wiring schemes but the most complex was the four wire, combination 12 AND 24 volt setup for trollers that would operate on both 12 and 24 volts. If you have a straight 24 volt only motor you don't need the switch and it had nothing to do with charging the batteries from the motor. In the old system, two wires from each battery ran to this panel. For 12 volt operation the batteries were switched in parallel. That position was also used to CHARGE the batteries from a single battery charger connected to the troller receptacle. The accessory plug was simply a place to plug in a spot light or anything else that had that style of plug. Cell phone chargers are the biggest user of that receptacle today.

Phil Lemoine

Cadet

The panel you show used to have a toggle switch in the left hole and an accessory (cigarette-style) outlet on the right. Many boat manufacturers back then used a variety of different 12 and 24 volt wiring schemes but the most complex was the four wire, combination 12 AND 24 volt setup for trollers that would operate on both 12 and 24 volts. If you have a straight 24 volt only motor you don't need the switch and it had nothing to do with charging the batteries from the motor. In the old system, two wires from each battery ran to this panel. For 12 volt operation the batteries were switched in parallel. That position was also used to CHARGE the batteries from a single battery charger connected to the troller receptacle. The accessory plug was simply a place to plug in a spot light or anything else that had that style of plug. Cell phone chargers are the biggest user of that receptacle today.

thanks for the post its greatly appreciated. i guess i will go ahead with the battery isolator install then.